My Beautiful Little Man, Ashton Lee, Born 13th October... LOOONG!! ** ADDED PICS **

SarahJayne_x

Reaction score
Suppose i better get this wrote up while i get chance... :)

Ashton Lee.. Born Tuesday 13th October.. 10:09am.. 7lb 6.5oz.. 55cms long...

Went into hospital monday 12th october at 8pm for a induction..

was told that i'd be having the vaginal tablet when i went in, again then 8 hours later and again another 8 hours later if needed..

by the time that the nurse actually got round to putting me on the monitor the baby was going mad, kicking like crazy.. so she said that she'd need to wait for a steady heartbeat until she can insert it..

eventually after the baby calmed down, and she inserted the tablet at around 11:35pm, told me i'd need to keep lying down for an hour after it had been inserted, and kept on the monitor..

all was well, and eventually the hour was up and she took me off the monitor...

so, after a few hours of tossing and turning trying to get to sleep, i looked at my phone and it was 1:48am, that was the last i remember...

woke up then at 4:33am to go to the toilet, walked across the ward to the toilet, came back, sat on the bed to pull my legs up,, then i felt a warm feeling between my legs... then i remember thinking to myself, im sure i've just been to the toilet did i manage to get it all out??...

when i eventually got over the inital shock of actually realising that it was my waters, i went to change my pyjama bottoms, then waddled over to the nurses little office thing and asked her "when your waters go, how long do they take to stop leaking" little nieve(sp) me...

she told me to go back and lie down and she'd be over to put me on the monitor... so i went back to bed, text my OH and my mother to keep them informed... my mother then replied and said she'd make her way over, OH said that he'd stay in his house til i needed him to leave, he lives much closer to the hospital than my mother...

at about 6:20am after being on the monitor, and examined and told that i was between 3 and 4cms, i was told i'd be going over to the labour ward.. met my mother outside waiting in the corridor and rung OH to tell him to leave..

went over to labour ward and it was only me there... so the midwife got me hooked up to the monitor and all was well.. i'd had 2 paracetamols, and the pain was coming every few minutes and was really hurting... ( i have a very low pain threshold )

my OH arrived at 5 to 7, after realising what was going on and overcoming the initial shock... he came in, and sat by the side of me with a cold flannel and kept running it over my head..

another midwife came in and asked me how i was coping with the pain, my answer was something along the lines of not very well.. what else have you got for it? so out came the gas and air, after the first few breaths of gas and air, i was feeling quite sick, then was actually sick, but after that i was ok..

so kept on taking the gas and air... dont remember the time at all as my OH wouldnt tell me when i asked him.. he said it doesnt matter what the time was... as he didnt know how long it was going to last.. pains got much stronger in such a short space of time... so asked for more pain relief as didnt think the gas and air was as effective as when i first took it...

midwife said she would have to examine me first to see how much further dilated i was... at this point i was completley out of it with gas and air, as the pain was so bad i was breathing it in between contractions too... so when the midwife was examining me, i was just lying there with my eyes shut..

then i sort of opened my eyes a little bit and saw 8 doctors in the room standing around me... which worried me, i realised there was a midwife standing by my head so i said to her, whats going on, she said the babys heartbeats dropped quite a bit so they need to put a clip on his head to monitor his heartbeat that way.. if the couldnt get a good monitoring then theyd need to perform an emergency c-section... my reply to that was, just cut him out now, its safer... i didnt really want that, but i thought it would have been better for him..

then the midwife by my head said can you hear that noise, i said no, then she said listen properly... so i listened and said what is it, she said its the babys heartbeat, hes fine now,,, with that all the doctors left and they were on standby in the next room..

then i was told that id dilated from 5cms to 8cms in that short space of time so couldnt have any more pain relief... cant really remember much after that,, i can remember the midwife taking the gas and air off me and saying that i had to push, i said to her, right, run that by me again coz i wasnt listening... so she told me again what i had to do, i looked at my OH and said i dont want to do this.. he rubbed my head and said you'll be fine babe, im here with you and your mother.. you'll be great...

so i pushed when i felt the urge to, and it burnt! really bad.. but i got on with it knowing that i'd see my little boy soon, then i felt his head was out, and realised that it was only a few more pushes away, so pushed again, and he flopped out... they cut the cord as my OH and mother didnt want to, wrapped him in a towel, and gave him to me...

i've never felt love like it before in my life...

it was 10:09am, and baby Ashton weighed 7lb 6.5oz...

i couldnt have done it without my OH, mother and the 2 fantastic midwifes!!!!

will add pics when i upload them onto this laptop, theyre all on the other laptop...

sorry its so long, and thanks for still reading if you got this far...

Sarah x x

https://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z220/x-BabiiClarkii-x/100_1667.jpg

https://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z220/x-BabiiClarkii-x/DSC00079.jpg

https://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z220/x-BabiiClarkii-x/Photo0160.jpg

https://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z220/x-BabiiClarkii-x/SDC11422.jpg

https://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z220/x-BabiiClarkii-x/DSC00336.jpg

https://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z220/x-BabiiClarkii-x/DSC00087.jpg

congratulations your wee man was born a day before my wee man! xx

Welcome to the world little Ashton :)

Well done Sarah! You did really well

xxx

Congrats on the birth of baby Ashton! Sounds like you coped really well! Well done hun xx

Congratulations and thanks for sharing :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->