my big baby boys elective c-section

scotsgirl

mother of 3 xx
Reaction score
finally gotten around to writing a brief birth story..
i was booked in on the 5th for my elective section due to having 2 previous c-sections. i had been very nervous the whole day before even though iv never had any problems in the past. i asked the surgeon before hand if they could lower the screen at the moment of birth like my last one but i dont think she really understood what i meant as she just said yes i will lift the baby up to show you.
went down to theatre and was given my spinal. i immediately felt very strange and nauseous and was actually sick. i felt very faint and dizzy and my eyes were almost shutting. i wanted to shout out to just give me a general because i felt so awful. this never happened to me last times so i think i just panicked but it quickly passed. i dont know if maybe the spinal was stronger this time as my legs took a lot longer than last time to get there feeling back??
by now my partner came through and i was so relieved to see him.
at 12.07 my gorgeous baby boy scott david adam love was delivered and boy was he a big one. the surgeon held him up and he looked HUGE!! the anaethetist commented he came out ready for school lol and the midwives were guessing he was at least 9lb. he had huge thighs and muscles lol
he cried the tiniest bit then started to struggle. apparently his breathing became erratic and they think he swallowed some fluid and mucus so they were trying to suction him. dad got a cuddle and then they decided to transfer him to neonatal to check him over so i was obviously really upset as my first son was in neonatal at birth and almost lost him. i thought oh not again. apparently i had a lot of fluid as well so he had swallowed a lot. it was the longest time ever and then we got the call at 3 oclock that he was given the all clear and was brought back to us at 4. :happydance: he weighed in at a whopping 9lb 14 oz:wacko: and im only 5ft. they said i would never have delivered without assistance. thank god they refused my vba2c.
unfortunately they were still concerned because his temp kept dropping and he was really jittery so they kept checking his blood sugars which were a little low. this soon settled though and they think it could have been down to fluoxetine which i was prescribed during my pregnancy. thankfully he is fine now. i breastfed for 5 days but had to give up due to bleeding nipples. his mouth is really small and tight and just wasnt going to latch on properly. i got such a fright when he brought up a load of sick with blood in it. its been an eventful week but hes settled and home now and were over the moon. love him so much.. thank you for reading xx:cloud9:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 24
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 22
congratulations! he's beautiful. My son did the throwing up bloody milk thing too - it's terrifying! He's just lovely :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->