My birth plan. bit long lol.

Good birth plan.

I personally am not having a proper one this time. Last time I had things on therr I felt I didnt want but did at the time. This time I am just going to have I want gas and air, no pethidin, epi if I really need it. And thats about it lol.

I am too laid back and my last labour was prefect and they didnt follow my birth plan really due to an eemergency.

Looks good to me! May I ask the reason for this bit though:

Tanner is ito be handed to James BEFORE Me whenever possible – From cot/Midwife to James to Me.

Is this so daddy doesn't feel left out or is there some advantage to him holding the baby before you? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Sounds similar to mine, although I used the template one from the NHS website. I don't think there's anything missing. Most important things are pain relief and aftercare which you've covered :)

That's the one I used. NHS choices isn't it. Did you have to sign up to save it? We don't have a printer at mo so ive hand written it maybe that's why everyone thought it was long.

Yep, I did have to sign up to print it off. Bit of a nuisance really but I'm far too lazy to write all that out myself :haha: it does seem quite long but I like the way it's broken down into sections so different people can skip to the relevant bits fairly easily :)

Looks good to me! May I ask the reason for this bit though:

Tanner is ito be handed to James BEFORE Me whenever possible – From cot/Midwife to James to Me.

Is this so daddy doesn't feel left out or is there some advantage to him holding the baby before you? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Not stupid :) It is so he is included yes. Also, the Midwife was saying being passed around can upset bub and being held by mum and dad can settle as bub knows who we are, so..... in theory, if Tanner is a bit fussy by being held by the Midwife, getting a cuddle from daddy should settle him so he's nice and calm and relaxed for a good feed or just a cuddle from me :)

See I've been wondering about this - still way early for me but as the midwife hasnt mentioned it - do we do a birth plan in the UK?

A lot of things I'm not too concerned over, I'd quite like to be able to walk around and use the pool if possible but Im relatively easy breezy.

I don't particularly want an epidural (although I'm saying that now - its my first so I may scream for it exorcist style!)

I wasn't sure if the midwives etc in the UK actually take any notice of them?

Mine consists of three or four bullet points.

Don't fancy boring the staff with war and peace.

Yours looks great :)

I haven't written one as thought it was something the MW did with you, but so far she hasn't mentioned it and I'm 38 weeks plus. I'm thinking I might download the NHS one and stick it in my yellow notes.

Good luck everyone, hope we all get the births we want :hugs:

The midwife is meant to go over the birth plan with you. In my notes the guide line says 38 weeks which I always thought was pretty late but hey. Ive got my appt on Monday when I will be 38+1

See I've been wondering about this - still way early for me but as the midwife hasnt mentioned it - do we do a birth plan in the UK?

A lot of things I'm not too concerned over, I'd quite like to be able to walk around and use the pool if possible but Im relatively easy breezy.

I don't particularly want an epidural (although I'm saying that now - its my first so I may scream for it exorcist style!)

I wasn't sure if the midwives etc in the UK actually take any notice of them?

I'm in the UK and they certainly took notice of mine. Hth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->