My birth story Lewis Andrew James is here! 24/09/10

babytots

Reaction score
And what an eventful birth it was grab a cuppa as this could be long.

I went in on the 23rd to be induced and was given a propess pessary which works over 24 hours slowly releasing hormones. So for most of the day nothing was happening and I had resigned myself to the fact it wasn't going to work. Boy how wrong was I?

Late evening and I started getting what I thought were painful braxton hicks which started coming every 10 mins though was able to sleep through them.

1am they woke me up much stronger and when put on the monitor they were every 5 mins. Copeable but painful so didn't get much sleep after that I also began to have a bloody show and the pessary fell out during a loo visit lol.

The morning of the 24th I was examined and shown to be 4cm so was sent up to the labour ward to have my waters broke. This was around 11ish was told to walk around to try and get the contractions going they were at this point really painful but I managed to get through them by standing at the foot of the bed rocking my hips and df rubbing my shoulders.

About half an hour later I started on the gas and air and was examined at 12 and found I was 6cm and so they filled the pool up ready for me to get into.

I was elated at this point that I was going to have another waterbirth like I did with my daughters. Half an hour later i felt the urge to push and lots of pressure but my contractions had worn off this is when the perfect birth I thought I was going to get was going to go downhill.

I eventually agreed to get out and be examined once laid on the bed the contractions came fast and the pain was horrendous my cervix wasn't fully dilated so the pushing I was doing in the pool was doing nothing in getting my boy out. I instantly regretted getting out of the water because they were too painful I remember saying to df i couldn't go on and was sobbing and that I wanted him to come out he replied saying he wish he would hurry too as he was close to tears he couldn't bear seeing me in that much pain (and it takes a lot for df to cry).

By this point I couldn't handle it anymore the contractions were one on top of the other and the pain was excruciating! The midwife suggested pethidine so I had that in my leg. I'm not a huge fan of needles and when she put it in my thigh I accidently elbowed my poor df in the face whilst trying to get to the gas and air lol.

Pethidine didn't really help made me sleepy but the pain was still bad in the end i had to get up off the bed as laying down was agony and as soon as I stood up I couldn't move the pain paralysed me on the spot and I just knew then and there I was going to give birth.

At this point things go hazy I remember cuddling into df and pushing then the feeling of relief I went into a state of shock he came out so fast thankfully the midwife was there to catch him with the help of df.

So at 2.49pm on the 24th of September Lewis Andrew James was born weighing 7lb 15oz. I found out he came sunny side up hence the painful contractions and that I had a 2nd degree tear which needed stitches. I found having the local and stitches more painful then the birth itself. Thankfully hes our last baby as i could never go through that again lol.

I'm feeling very sore but elated that hes here and even though I didn't get the waterbirth I wanted I wouldn't change the way the birth went because df was overjoyed he got to help deliver our son into the world instead of feeling like a spare part like he did when I had my girls. Seeing his face light up as he told me what he did made it alll worthwhile.

Breastfeeding is going well my nipples are sore due to not being able to sit on the hospital bed properly because of my stitches and having no pillows to prop Lewis to a better height but now we are home hes feeding like a trooper.

I just want to mention my special little princess for giving us such a beautiful gift. Not a day passes without me thinking of her and wishing she were here but shes given us something to smile about again and I am so thankful to her.

I'll add pics tomorrow when I get on the p.c. He's beautiful :cloud9: x

Aw hun I'm so so so happy for you. Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics of little Lewis!:cloud9:

Congratulations again hun, to you all. What an entrance Lewis made.

Thats a wonderful story babytots thanks for sharing!

Congrats on the birth of Lewis xxx

Congratulations Leigh :happydance: I am so happy for you all.

Well done Jessica for looking after your baby Brother so well

x x

Congrats, so happy for you. I followed you on another forum too. xxx

Congratulations darlin. So so happy 4 u all.

Welcome to the world baby lewis x

congrats i still remember when you got your bfp and now he's here already! haha i said I couldnt have more cause of the horrendous labour pain (mine was also back to back) but I changed my mind already.. you will forget how painful it was lol

I am pleased that you brought your baby home with you at the end of your pregnancy. His big sister in heaven did a fab job looking over him! xxx

Congratulations hun. So pleased for you. xxxxx

Huge congratulations Leigh, i'm so happy for you! Welcome to the world baby Lewis, can't wait to see some pics. Thanks for sharing your birth story with us.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"