My Birth Story..... with PICS - GEORGIE

wantingno.2

2 princes + a princess
Reaction score
This is my second child and this birth couldnt of been anymore different to the first. With my first i had an epidural and a forceps delivery and although i obvisouly wanted to avoid forceps again i definately wanted an epidural.

So i sat waiting for my waters to break which is what happened first time round .... but i already knew something was abit different, i'd been having ALOT of BH's which i dont rememeber getting with my first.

Was woke up on Tuesday morning 7am to a contraction and then another one... i though mmmm that seemed fast... started to time them and they were some 5mins lasting about 40 secs and some 3mins apart lasting about 15seconds. I thought i better wait till they were regular. At 8 they were about 3 mins apart so i thought i would check with hospital who told me i could (if i wanted) go get checked. So got my son ready for school and set off about 8.40. By this time i knew this was too fast they were coming every 1.5 - 2 mins.

Got to hospital they checked me i was 4cm so went to a delivery room... after trying gas and air which i didnt like AGAIN i asked for an epidural so MW went to tell anthesistist. All of a sudden i got the huge pressure and a feeling of needing a poo... i knew he was coming. She said she would check me again before starting epidural, she did and i was fully dilated. Then the urge to push just became over wehleming, i never felt this urge with DS1, it's like no other feeling in the world can describe it... the pain of the contractions by now was HORRID, i just kept saying i need a poo i need a poo, MW got me a birthing stool to see if that helped and it was better on there but it was honestly the HARDEST thing i have ever had to do in my life.... i really thought i couldnt do it, i would have much rather sat with an epidural and had a long labour. But he arrived safely at 11.15 just under 2 hours after i'd arrived at hospital.

Unfortunately i had a 3rd degree tear so abit of a come down from managing to do it on just gas air, i had to be taken to theatre given a local anethestic and stitched back up.

He's doing very well and breastfeeding amazingly... i'm feeling great considering and not in too much pain... just dreading going for a number 2 as i have stitches right down to my bum!

Here he is George Edward....

Attachments

• 61904_432319729131_568649131_5174188_7425282_n.jpg
    61904_432319729131_568649131_5174188_7425282_n.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 62939_1446145637936_1362021820_31279076_6904826_n.jpg
    62939_1446145637936_1362021820_31279076_6904826_n.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 33
Oh wow, thats quick. Congrats hun, hes gorgeous!

Well done Laura!! And on your due date!! I am jealous! xxx

OMG what a quick labour! Your poor thing, glad it went well tho and he's ok!! How much did he weigh? He's a right cutie too!! Congrats hun :flower: xx

:happydance: so happy for u! well done! had to come on to see how u r, in the midst of my induction with mild contractions lol. xxx

Hes really amazing chic....we need a good catch up when your feeling up to it.

Love to you all

Karen Neil & Miller xxxxx

HUGE congratulations hunny. He is a right stunner. Hope all is well.

Love Laura. xx

aww, wow! congrats hun! That was a speedy delivery, glad you made it to the hosptial in time tho! :)

He is gorgeous! :) xxx

thanks everyone ... sorry he weighed 7lb 13oz missed that minor detail huh!

Katzone - hope everything goes well for you hun... good luck x

bloomin heck, what a quick one, well done though and congrats.

try lavender oil in the bath to help heal stitches quicker, and also salt. it does work my best mate says, she had a split from one end to the other as well!x

I imaging its really hard to get your hear round things when it happens that quick... especially when you hada long labour last time!

Well done to you though, your baby is adorable xx

congrats on your super speedy birth - you did it even though you thought you couldn't! Well done! He's just gorgeous! Hope you heal quickly and settle in at home with your new addition.

oh he is just lovely! Well done you, congratulations x x

he's lovely, congratulations on your little man and your super fast birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->