My birth story - Zoe

Kaz1977

Reaction score
Bit late I know, but life with 2 kids is incredibly hectic.

After thinking my baby would never arrive and with dates booked for induction trial and planned section, my little girl finally decided to make an appearance herself at 40+4. I had been having false labour every evening for 10 days, I wasn't getting my hopes up when I felt a few twinges at dinner time on 01/10/10. I put my son to bed and went to sit on a chair in his room... and felt a pop and a big gush. Yes that was my waters going at 19:40 (glad I had read about the pop feeling on B&B so made it to the bathroom just in time for the gush on the floor). By 20:15 was having painful contractions every 3 minutes.

By 20:30 I decided it was time to go to the hospital and got there at 21:00. After monitoring me for a bit the MW checked me and said I was only 2cm - :growlmad: I needed more pain relief and had some dihydrocodeine and gas and air. By 10:30 I was screaming for an epidural, but the MW refused and gave me a morphine injection. Now that is good stuff! I was a complete space cadet now on all these drugs, but I coped.

By 01:00 I started involuntary pushing and sure enough I was fully dilated. They gave me a bit of rest time (as if you can rest whilst having contractions and pushing :haha:) then I started pushing. I pushed and pushed and pushed, but my baby got stuck at the very end as she was posterior and wouldn't turn. So I ended up in theatre with Keillands (rotational) forceps. After they turned her, she was out in just 2 pushes.

18 days on I am still pretty sore if I try to walk far, but I am otherwise well. I did get my vbac, but not quite as I'd hoped. Still, I have a gorgeous baby girl Zoe which makes it all worthwhile :cloud9: Now I just need to convince her that night time is for sleeping...

Congratulations :happydance::kiss:

I love the name Zoe... piccies please :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back