• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

my birth story

foxyroxie

Reaction score
I wasnt on this forum when i gave birth but i thought id share my birth story with you!

Well i went into hospital on a monday night at 7pm as i was getting induced cause i was over due by two weeks they hooked me up to the machine and monitored Rileys heartbeat for about a hour then come back and checked then monitored him for a bit longer thats when the midwife said she would have to go and check withthe doctor if i could have the pescery (sp) cause his heart beat kept dropping in the end it settled and i was aloud the pescery but then the midwifes had to swap shifts so a new idwife came into me and gave me the pescery and explained that i will experience cramps but it wont be labour and ill more then likely have to have it again in the morning as its my first.

By this time it was 10.30pm :o they told me OH that he had to go home !! thats when i started to panick knowing full well that if i went into labour that he wouldnt be able to get back into the hospital in time and i really didnt want to do it alone so i explained that i would go ome with him and come back in the morning!! then the midwife tootled off and came back saying shes spoke to the other midwife on duty with her and that he could stay over night aslong as he wasnt wondering round the ward pheewww!!

She gave me some painkillers and told me to get some rest i couldnt though cause i was so excited about meeting my lil fella!! i managed to get a bit of sleep through out the cramps.

then at about 5am they started coming alot stronger and closer together so my OH started timeing them they were coming evvery 2-5 mins lasting for about a minute!! i told the midwife and she said dont worry u wont be in labour yet u will more then likely have another pecsery when u go to the laour ward!!! great stuff they were painful as it was thought if this isnt labour then im a wuss and not going to be able to do it!!!

went up to the labour ward and got monitored again they said i was deffo having contractions! then did a internal they said i was 3-4cm dialated wahooo they then went to break my waters with the big knitting needle!! and oh my god how painful!! the silly midwife was trying to do it whilst i was having a contraction that was the most painful thing in the whole labour wasnt inpressed!!!

well they carried on trying to break my waters but there wernt non i never felt them go before i felt a bit damp now and again tmi but when i put a pad on nothing so just thought it was my body playing tricks!

about a hour later i got transfered to my own room with a lovely midwife i had a epidiral didnt fancy being on a driip without it lol and then they gave me the as and air oh my god that stuffs amazing!!! the epidural felt horrible wen they put it in ewww!! anyway about a hour later i was sick from the gas and air but i was straight back on it after lol

at about 1 o'clock they did a internal and i was 8cm dialated wahooo!!! was sooo happy couldnt wait OH looked like he was going to fall asleep bless him!

and the at about 1.45 they said i was fully dialated and ready to push so off i went pushing away then his heartbeat started dropping seriously low then going back up and dropping again etc so i started to panick when then midwife went out and a fair few people came back in with her next think u no there cutting me for some strange reason i could feel it wasnt mega painful but it hurt then they told me to push so i did and his cord was around his neck :(

they told me to stop whilst they cut the cord and then he just came out the midwife had to catch him quick!! i didnt get chance to meet him straight away cause he got put straight onto oxygen all i kept asking was was he okay and that i wanted to hold him then a few minutes later they passed me him he was the most beautiful thing i had ever seen in my whole intire life i couldnt stop crying i was so happy!! they then weighed him and he was a healthy 7lb15 :D

i then went in the bath and got cleaned up i could feel my legs so pottered along even though i did feel like bambi cause of the epidural i went to climb in the bath and about fell in lol didnt realise my legs were that wobbly haha and thats the end :D

Congratulations! Your son is adorable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"