My birth story!

SRTBaby

Reaction score
On Thursday September 9th, I had my doctor’s appointment and begged him to do my sweep. He said he couldn’t because my cervix was still closed, he agreed to book my induction for Friday Sept 16th just in case LO decided to be late. He said I should go for a long walk maybe it would help.

I left his office and went to the mall; I walked from one end to the other and back taking a break every 5 minutes. I must have been at the mall for 3 hours and decided to go and pick up bottles at Babies r' us. I felt tired the all time and was desperate to have the baby. Around 5pm I called DH asking him if he was okay to go for some spicy food and he was good to go. I went home, picked him up and drove to the restaurant.

We reached the Restaurant, I was driving. DH got out and as I was lifting my leg to get out I heard a pop and a gush of warm fluids!! I was so excited:happydance::happydance: and shouted at DH that we were on. He didn’t get it at first but once he realised what was going on he turned white. We decided to go back home after covering the car seat with a towel because my water kept coming nonstop and my clothes were wet.

We got home and I took a shower while he called the hospital, we were told to go in immediately. Everything started at 5:45pm by 7pm I was having really painful contractions and in the labour assessment. The first few hours were a blur, I was given morphine at 9pm which did nothing, and left me feeling spaced out but could feel all the pain.

By 10pm I was 4cm dilated and got my epidural, continued labouring but by midnight the baby's heart rate was inconsistent and doctor was worried. I was monitored all night by 4am I was still 4cm and knew I would need C-section because the baby was getting stressed. My little Simon arrived September 10th at 8am via c-section weighing 7lb 8oz. Very healthy; we are home now really tired and having problems breastfeeding. I never bothered to do my research on breastfeeding I wish I had.

Finally fiured out the picture puzzle! Couldnt post one for a long time due to size.
Picture of LO at two weeks.

Attachments

• P1070058 - Copy.jpg
    P1070058 - Copy.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2
Congrats, and you didn't really say whether or not you had the c section?

Congrats!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->