My birth story

Buzzy Bee

Reaction score
Lost my plug the weekend of the 20th of August and had some pains on the Monday so i was getting excited thinking this is the start but they went away on the Tuesday. I then went for my second sweep on the Wednesday to discover that my cervix was still closed and was so far back the midwife couldn’t even reach it, went home feeling down thinking things would never happen! Woke up on the Thursday to period type pains and had a little bleeding, freaked out due to the bleeding and called maternity and they said if the bleeding got worse to call them back. Went back to bed and it did get worse to the point it was running down my legs so i went to maternity they checked me over but while i was waiting i was have contractions not very strong but i knew that’s what they were, anyway they checked me over done an internal and said the bleeding was properly due to the mw poking about and my cervix was still closed and i was NOT in labour. I was really down at that point because i did really think this was it.

That evening at home i started having contractions but tbh at that point i was doubting they even were contractions as they said i wasn’t in labour. I was in pain at that point and was crying to my oh saying if this isn’t labour i don’t think i could cope. Went to bed at about 11pm and woke at 12pm to contractions about every 15 minutes apart waiting until they were about every 9 minutes apart and woke my oh and he started timing them until they were every 3 minutes apart. I called maternity at the point and she told me to come down, must add at this point my waters had to broke but i was really wet i had to keep wiping. Went to maternity and the pains were getting bad at this stage, she checked me over and said i was 2 cm’s but would need to go home and come back when the pains got worse i was in tears as i didn’t know how i could cope! Then the mw came back and said they would keep me in as i had suspected pre eclampsia. Went to the delivery suite and got settled in with the pains getting a lot more intense at this stage so the mw let me us the gas and air to calm me down. She said they would checked me in 3 hours but only expected me to be about 2 cm’s again they checked me and i was 5 cm’s they said they would break my waters but were already leaking but when they did actually break them the pain got a lot more intense. They asked did i want the epidural and i said yes because the pains were so bad at this point. They came and gave me it and i had to sit up straight through every contraction it was awful and took 20 minutes or so, they said to give it about 20 mins and it would kick in so i waited and i waited and nothing at this point the pain was so bad it was blinding so the mw decided to check me as she couldn’t understand why it wasn’t working oh and they toped up twice with morphine. She checked and i was 10cms she couldn’t believe it but i could as i knew the pain couldn’t get any worse she then said i can see the head and ear so when i come back from my lunch you will start pushing. Well he couldn’t wait and wanted out so after 10 minutes of pushing oh and she took the gas and air of me through the pushing as she said i was off my head and i was lol he was out and it was the most amazing thing ever i just felt this warm weight put on me and i screamed out my baby my baby it was wonderful. Dylan was born at 13.39 on August the 26th after 13 hours in active labour weighing 8 pounds 11 ounces and prefect!

I’m not going to lie the pain is awful but if you breathe through the contractions it really does help and if i can do it anyone can. Afterwards was very hard for me also it was so painful going to the loo with a second degree tear and i got a womb infection so i couldn’t even nurse my baby as i was in so much pain, i found that very hard to cope with. I wouldn’t change any of the pain tho as i have the most wonderful little boy who i love with all my heart.

I wish you all the best of luck xxx

Attachments

• DSC00152.jpg
    DSC00152.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 23
awhhh congrats!!!! great birth story and what a gorgeous little man xx

ahh he is so gorgeous! and what lovely hair :D congratulations xx

Congrats!!!! :flower: he is such a cutey, loving his hair :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics