My Birthing centre natural birth using hypnotherapy

pinkclaire

Mummy to two under 2
Reaction score
So after getting worried about induction I went into labour naturally :blush: here's my birth story. My labour was so positive and I am really glad I put off interventions such as sweeps!

So at T+7 days I have to say I was really fed up! The constant texts etc were getting rediculous, I was getting bigger and bigger by the second and felt like a beached whale!

Well My OH had the morning off and said 'right, if I move the crib to where its going to be she might come' good idea I said so we did that. We then decided to finish packing my bag properly, get it in the car with the car seat and I went to town and bought a few last min bits I had been meaning to buy as well as some clary sage oil (thought anything was worth a try!)

That evening I had a go on my neighbours trampoline, and when I got back I had a clear out and some mild contractions. They kept developing so I sat on my birthing ball and rubbed some Clary sage oil in. By 9 oclock they were starting to come more often, 4-6 mins so I thought hmm. By 11 I called the people who were going to look after James for me and said I thought we should drop him off just in case so it wasnt the middle of the night for them. By 12 midnight they were getting stronger so I called the BC and went in. I honestly thought they were going to send me home again, she examined me and said I was 3-4cm dialated. She said she'd be back in 15 mins to do the heartbeat, DH asked if he should get the bag I told him to go ask if I was staying, the MW replied 'your not leaving without a baby'. I felt so calm and relaxed I didnt think that in less than 3 hrs I would have a baby!

By 1am I started throwing up so knew labour was progressing. I had my hypnotherapy on and relaxing music. I stayed kneeled over the bed and tried to keep as active as possible in between contractions. At about 2.15 I asked to try some gas and air, had two sips and hated it, the MW tried to put it back in my mouth during my contraction so i chucked it at her and it landed on her foot :blush: at 2.35 my waters broke, the MW didnt see and I was trying to talk but couldnt, I heard M try and tell her, she said she thought maybe it was a trickle then saw the flood lol. (I'm hoping that contributed to a fair wack of my weight lol).

I grabbed DH round the neck and pushed the baby out, she was born at 2.40, so less than 5 mins of pushing, I completely listened to my body and knew exactly what to do this time, it was amazing. I feel completely empowered by it! She did come out a bit blue, they said it was shell shock from how quick she came out, they rubbed her and she was fine, we waited for the cord to stop pulsing before we cut it and I had a natural 3rd stage while doing skin to skin with Lottie. The HCA helped deliver as they didnt have time to call the second MW she arrived as I was delivering the placenta, the HCA just kept thanking us for letting her experience that bless her. I didn't tear at all.

They were running the pool for me when she came so thats the only part of my plan that never happened as there wasnt time. I only had the one internal, and really feel as though my body did it all on its own exactly how I wanted it!

Charlotte Holly was born on 07/06/11 at 2.40am weighing a chubby 8lb 9oz!!

Congratulations, thank you for writing this up, it's so lovely to read positive birth stories :)

Wonderful birth story and so quick once you'd got to the BC! Well done, your new little girl and infact both your children are adorable!

I can't believe you've found time to write that already! Sounds perfect :cloud9: x

So lovely to hear your birth story. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->