My BMI is 28 :(

F

FierceAngel

so wen i went to see the nurse today about going back on contraception she routinly weighed me..

wen she put my current weight into the computer 67kg:blush:
it calculated it with my height (5ft on the dot) and my bmi is 28 :cry:

so apparantly im overweight?

i havent lost anymore weight since last week and wonder if im going to struggle to get back to my pre pregnancy weight?

i was 57kg at 9 weeks and 75kg on the day of my induction...

if it makes u feel any better im like 5stone heavier lol

are you actualy wanting to loose weight or are you only trying cus u of wat ur bmi said...if u r thn have u tryed following any sort of weightoss plan?
weightwatchers
slimming world etc are all well known and proven diets xx

Blarggg I hate looking at my BMI... it makes it easier for me to see how "normal" or how over/under weight I am.. when it's just numbers it's not as bad.

:hugs:

And don't worry.. people are always telling me "it took 9 months to put the weight on.. it's not going to come off in just 1!".. it makes me feel a bit better even if I don't want to accept that reality really LOL.

Aww, hun, you just gave birth, you have to give yourself time! If you want to lose, try mild exercise when you can (I know how time consuming our LOs are, though!), like going for a walk with your baby in the stroller. But really, again, you just had your baby!!!

I REALLY detest the BMI index. It does not take in to account your body shape or if you are muscular or not. And then doctors sit totally perplexed as to why so many youngsters are hung up on their weight with eating disorders.

I'm 5ft 6 and before pregnancy was 155lbs which is just over 11 stone. This makes my BMI 25.0. That is SUPPOSED to be over weight.

I'm sorry but at a size 10/12 I am no way obese. When most ppl find out what I weigh they are in disbelief. Its simply because my body type is .. hmm I dunno how to describe it .. but I hold muscle I guess.

You've just had a baby, its gonna take time to loose that weight, please do not feel bad about your self though, take no notice of those stupid "one weight fits all" BMI charts. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->