My body is not my friend

Babybum35

Reaction score
A bit of back story I'm 33 dh is 35 and we have a 2 year old dd. It took 10 cycles to get my first ever and only so far bfp. I developed pregnancy induced hypertension and was induced at 37+1. After delivery I had a hemorrhage where I lost almost half my blood volume due to a abnormally adhered placenta. I retained some of the placenta and required a d&c so since dd was about 6 months old I've had regular cycles even with dd breastfeeding pretty consistently day and night. Now we are in cycle 7 of ttc no 2 and according to the ovulation kits I've done I ovulate around cd 16 and have a 13 day lp. My periods are super light I guess due to having less estrogen to build up lining which is common in bf. That said I did a test with smu Tuesday and it was bfn but now my back is insanely sore and I feel like crap. I have resigned myself that I'm not pregnant but plan to test tomorrow or Friday when af is due if she doesn't show. I just am not excited I feel like there are so many people who get pregnant just by having their dh look at them funny and here I am barely able to get one bfp much less 2. I know logically most women my age are able to get pregnant within a year but I just feel like it's never my turn. Any one feel the same?

I know exactly the feeling. I'm in my early 20's, been off any birth control for 4 years now and I have not had one BFP. I feel like being pregnant is some far off dream, and will happen only when pigs fly. My aunts and my mother are the types who get pregnant when their husbands look at them funny. In fact, I have said that exact same thing several times. I feel like if it were to happen, I would have issues, maybe similar to yours because I also feel as though my body is against me. I broke down yet again tonight and had very similar thoughts to yours. In spite of it all, I'd like to wish you good luck, it's a horrible situation and sometimes it just helps to know someone feels the same.

I know exactly the feeling. I'm in my early 20's, been off any birth control for 4 years now and I have not had one BFP. I feel like being pregnant is some far off dream, and will happen only when pigs fly. My aunts and my mother are the types who get pregnant when their husbands look at them funny. In fact, I have said that exact same thing several times. I feel like if it were to happen, I would have issues, maybe similar to yours because I also feel as though my body is against me. I broke down yet again tonight and had very similar thoughts to yours. In spite of it all, I'd like to wish you good luck, it's a horrible situation and sometimes it just helps to know someone feels the same.
Hi Robyn thank you for understanding. Just to give you hope I had been off BC for 5 almost 6 years when I started TTC my dd and it still took 10 months to get there. Also the hypertension for me was genetic. Both my momand grandma had it so if there's not a family history you might be ok . the hemorrhage was caused by the retained place brand that's not a common occurance either so try not to borrow problems but definitely let your docs know of your concerns. Are you actively TTC or are you just hanging out??? I hope our bodies get in line soon and I'm sorry you understand. Its not a fun thing to understand

It is hard not to be worrisome. I know people who have trouble conceiving naturally go on just fine when they do get pregnant. I just mostly been NTNP, with frequent BD and absolutely no BC, about early 2014, but after awhile I became worried because I hadn't gotten pregnant once. I guess I officially started TTC this past cycle; I have tried several times before but found it frustrating when I got AF. I'm just going to keep trying for 6 months straight and try not to give up at all, see what happens. I've changed my eating, about to implement a slow and steady exercise routine, and I'm focusing on healing and relaxation. I was pretty relaxed this time until my TWW came, then I became a madwoman! Lol but anyway, I know it will take some time for me, and I'm okay with that if I can start healing my body and regulating my hormones. My cycle looks like it will be 34 days this time, which is so much better than my regular 45 days and my occasional 50-80 day anovulatory cycles! So it looks like it's already getting better. I hope to be seeing you on the pregnancy board soon!

It is hard not to be worrisome. I know people who have trouble conceiving naturally go on just fine when they do get pregnant. I just mostly been NTNP, with frequent BD and absolutely no BC, about early 2014, but after awhile I became worried because I hadn't gotten pregnant once. I guess I officially started TTC this past cycle; I have tried several times before but found it frustrating when I got AF. I'm just going to keep trying for 6 months straight and try not to give up at all, see what happens. I've changed my eating, about to implement a slow and steady exercise routine, and I'm focusing on healing and relaxation. I was pretty relaxed this time until my TWW came, then I became a madwoman! Lol but anyway, I know it will take some time for me, and I'm okay with that if I can start healing my body and regulating my hormones. My cycle looks like it will be 34 days this time, which is so much better than my regular 45 days and my occasional 50-80 day anovulatory cycles! So it looks like it's already getting better. I hope to be seeing you on the pregnancy board soon!
I know. The ttc process is hard and time consuming. I try to set myself up for af by saying that there is only a 20 % chance I got pregnant and most of that is luck and timing. I hope you see your bfp soon and maybe we will eventually be bump buddies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->