My boy is out of control

Thomas'mum

Reaction score
Hi!!!

I have not been here for ages but I need your help!!!!
Everything was fine until we tried to move Thomas in his new bed. He would get off bed all the time and even though I put him in bed without talking to him, he would still get up for hours. Then he would wake up about 3 times a night and woke me up because he wants to go downstairs. After some advise, I bought a gate to put at his door so he could not leave the room but he screams for hours on end, throwing things out of his room. He also answers back and when being told off he repeats every word I say laughing at me and having a silly look. He says sorry but does not mean a word of it. He does not listen if you tell him not to do something, on the contrary he will do the opposite.
He is in a sinle bed so maybe he feels insecure in it. We chose the bedding together and he loves his Thomas and the tank engine.

Would you just ignore him or would you do something else? I bought some stickers and will try a reward system. We tried the potty but he is not at all interested in it so I gave up as we have this issue to srt out first.

I just feel useless as I do not know what to do at the first big hurdles.

Any advise welcome!!!!!!! Thanks

Have you read 'the no-cry sleep solution'? There's a new one out that deals with toddlers and gives you lots of ideas.

Sorry hun no advice apart from he is still very young, my first one didnt sleep in his own bed until he was 5 and even then I would wake some morning to find him in my bed !!!!!:rofl:

Just a few thoughts,you probably have them anyway.....a night light,definately a gate,make him aware of the baby monitor to assure him you are there and when he is getting to sleep tell him you will pop back every 5-10 mins to check on him so he doesnt feel he is being left alone or maybe put him to bed then have a bath but keep humming.
This is what we did with our stepson and it worked really well and has never come to our bed as we are very firm and he knows we mean business.......never back down,its hard but you have to but make him feel secure with it.
:hugs: goodluck

I'm going to give you the same advice as I have given to Elli on her thread about her little girl....

On supernanny (the program) the nanny puts them to bed,tell them 'its bedtime,go to sleep' and close the door. If he gets up,do this again but no eye contact.Third time say nothing and just place him in his bed.Continue to do this until he sleeps,even if it takes 3hours.After 3 days of doing this he will get the message and stop doing this.Unfortunately you will have to suffer to get longterm results....My sister has done this with her toddler and it worked.

Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->