my bump changes size?

missriddler

Reaction score
In the evening it seems huge (I've always been small anyway so it seems MASSIVE to me) but when I wake up it seems so much smaller, but grows throughout the day? Is that normal??x

I don't know how far along you are, but if it changes size in the day it sounds like pregnancy bloat. It can be quite bump-like. Usually women don't get a baby bump until after 12 weeks (a little later with first babies and a little earlier with 2nd or more babies) as the uterus is still down below your pubic bone till that point. My bump didn't come until past 20 weeks, but I had some serious bloat before then that looked like a bump. Bloating can mimic a bump incredibly well from very early on, right up into second tri.

Drinking lots of water helps with pregnancy bloat.

x

It's definitely bloat. I'm not showing at all. I wake up flat in the morning, but by the evening I look 5 months pregnant. It's quite ridiculous, but apparently pretty normal in the first trimester (please someone tell me the bloating decreases in the 2nd tri?).

That's disappointing lol I'm 12 weeks monday, got a little bump in the morning, I mean tiny! But notocable(at least to me lol) I guess where I was so slim to begin with lol x

Bloat will do that, but bumps will too! I'm on baby #4, and all of mine did that...especially around 20ish weeks. I'd look pregnant one day and fat the next, lol.

I remember wishing for my bump to come with my son. I was very impatient, but didn't get a 'proper' bump till about 25 weeks - it was still small for that gestation, but by proper I mean people actually recognised that I was pregnant from it. From 20 weeks I started rounding, but before that was completely flat. I'm very slim too so was expecting to show early, but as I have a very long torso, I guess everything migrated north before anything actually had to pop out.

Still nothing this time except bloat - fat in the morning and rounded by night. I think it's really noticeable, but no one has even glanced at my stomach, so I guess it's not too bad.

It'll come, don't worry :)

I loved my bump right up to the end (probably because even at the end, it was never too huge, so not uncomfortable and I was lucky enough to avoid stretch marks, so it didn't itch or hurt), but I did get frustrated with myself when I forgot I was wider front to back than side to side at the end. I'd always turn to my side to try and slide through narrow gaps forgetting about my bump sticking out. I got stuck between two cars once :haha:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->