My c section didn't happen!

charlie1510

Reaction score
I was scheduled for a c section yesterday as my baby was breech and my ECV was unsuccessful. So after a sleepless night, we headed to the hospital at about 7am. We were shown to our room and saw the anaesthetist, the nurse, the doctor etc and got all ready, and then they did one final scan to double check she was still breech......

.....and she wasn't!!! The naughty little pixie has turned round without me realising!

So after all that we got packed off home to wait for labour to start. I have another scan on Wednesday when I'll be 40+1 to make sure she hasn't turned back.

I feel a bit all over the place. I thought we would have a baby by now and be bringing her home tomorrow. I could potentially be waiting nearly another 3 weeks! But of course I'd rather she arrived the natural way when she's ready, we were just geared up and ready to have her here.

I've got no signs that labour is happening any time soon so I have a sweep booked for 40+5, and hubby's cancelled his leave and gone back to work until she arrives.

So for those with breech babies, they really can turn at the last minute!

Aww great news hun hope you dont have to wait too long for her :happydance:

I'm glad she's turned but what it shame it was literally the very last moment when you were all prepared to be meeting her soon :hugs:.

What a cheeky little one you have there - a sign for things to come lol.
Glad baby changed round and hope you're not waiting too much longer to meet her :) xx

Awww hun! Poor thing, I'm schedule for section next Wednesday due to both being breach! In hospital until then. But would be gutted if they turned and told it would be longer. Evan though I would love to have another natural delivery, but its set in motion now and it would mess with my head it it changed the morning of.

Thanks ladies.

Now I just have to get my head around a natural delivery which I had though wasn't on the cards. Best do a birth plan I guess!

My little monkey has also turned in the last two days! He was still breech on Tuesday but when I had my scan today he was head down. I'm so relieved but also weird getting my head round the fact that I'll have a natural birth after all!!

Ahhh you ladies are giving me hope!! I really want my lo to turn so fingers crossed!
And good luck to you all. How cheeky these babies are being at the last minute! lol

xxx

Crikeys!! My LO is breech and am booked in for a section in 24 Days!! Hope he does stay put though as I do feel more comfortable having an elective section.

Mine was breech every appointment for the last 10 weeks. The weird thing is I wasn't even aware of him turning head down!

Mine was breech every appointment for the last 10 weeks. The weird thing is I wasn't even aware of him turning head down!

No I wasn't either, and she's done some real gymnasticsflight back is still on the left so she's flipped over and turned upside down. She must have done it while I was asleep or surely I would have noticed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->