My cat has an abcess. Need advice.

karlilay

Mum of 2 :)
Reaction score
So my cat had some scratches and puncture wounds on his leg a while ago from fighting. I sprayed it with green oils and it seemed to heal fine. Yesterday he was sleepy and today limping badly. So I felt his leg to discover a largish abcess. Now I've phoned the vets and made an appt for 5 n clock. But I am flat out broke just for a change.
I would never leave him to suffer but I really can't afford the bill. My gran is taking me and will pay. But does anyone know roughly how much I'm looking at? I guess they will lance it and give me antibiotics.

I love abcess(i breed rats so i see them fairly often), i'm guessing you have been by now.
I usually bathe them using diluted hibiscrub(also can use warm salt water), the head should come of after a while then you just need to keep cleaning it so it doesnt scab over again with pus underneath.

My parents cat had an abscess on her face. I got a flannel and put it in warm (hot as poss) water and kept it on the abscess (obviously keep putting the flannel in the water to maintain the heat). It took a good hour, but it worked! The puss just cam out. We did take it to the Vet anyway-and the Vet praised my work :)

Thanks everyone. He is ok now, although the vet said it was a big abcess. He was sedated, and it was lanced, hes on antibiotics now. Wasnt that bad either £47 :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->