My Cheeky LO...

Sarahdisco

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Is obviously a daddy's girl!

Bubs was a bit quiet yesterday - normally she starts kicking away every 3-4 hours for a good hour then calms down for a bit.

Yesterday she kicked in the morning a little then while I was in work she barely moved. I noticed she's not rolling round as much (she must be getting more squashed in there!) but to not get any kicks and punches really freaked me out.

OH picks me up from work and asks how bubs is doing today (or to be exact: "hows my little princess doing") and I said she'd been really quiet which wasnt like her. OH suggested we get the doppler out after tea and if there was something wrong we'd ring the midwife.

I make tea (while prodding my bump!) and as we finish eating OH sits next to me on the couch and put his head next to my bump and starts taking to the baby, saying she should give her mum a good kick, otherwise daddy will be cross as he wants to watch the football and not go to the hospital! Within 2 seconds she gives the biggest kick - OH starts laughing and rubbing my bump and she went...mental! Kicking and punching and rolling round - my bump looked like something out of Alien with the moving!

I say good girl... and she stops kicking... OH talks to her and off she goes again! I think a certain little someone is going to be a daddys girl!

Then I had a lovely warm bath and OH decided to blow dry and straighten my hair (he wants to practise doing girls hair apparently!) - I felt very pampered last night!

Awww, sweet. Little girls love their Daddies! X

Aw daddys girl! How cute! Glad she started kicking about again. My LO goes through quite patches, wont answer to anyone, think it's going to be a stubborn one!

Thats really sweet. My DH feels wierd talking to my stomach so doesn't do it often- I wish he would. But LO is the same way... only with her big brother! If he comes near me (often doesn't even have to say anything), she will get going. If he talks to her or sings to her, she goes crazy. I love that the kids seem to have such a bond already and she is still a ways from being born!

Thats really sweet. My DH feels wierd talking to my stomach so doesn't do it often- I wish he would. But LO is the same way... only with her big brother! If he comes near me (often doesn't even have to say anything), she will get going. If he talks to her or sings to her, she goes crazy. I love that the kids seem to have such a bond already and she is still a ways from being born!

OH has only started talking to my bump since it started twitching! I have an anterior placenta so only felt movement recently - before he could feel anything he wasnt too interested but now she's moving and kicking he's getting better. He says good morning to her now (found this out yesterday morning - he gets up early for work and normally i'm asleep but I was lying there with my eyes closed and he puts his head right next to my bump and dead quietly whispered "morning babba" - it was so sweet!)

OH has only started talking to my bump since it started twitching! I have an anterior placenta so only felt movement recently - before he could feel anything he wasnt too interested but now she's moving and kicking he's getting better. He says good morning to her now (found this out yesterday morning - he gets up early for work and normally i'm asleep but I was lying there with my eyes closed and he puts his head right next to my bump and dead quietly whispered "morning babba" - it was so sweet!)

That is so sweet! DH got a little freaked out the more the baby moved last time, so I suspect it will be the same this time. I think it is really about him not understanding what I'm feeling and being afraid to either hurt me/baby or do something "wrong." (It doesn't help that everytime he talked to DS or tried to feel him kick, DS would stop all movement for like an hour.)

lol That's too cute. For us it's the opposite! Little Claire will move all the time for me but as soon as DH places his hand on her, or talks to her, she stops. Two days ago though she kept kicking him, but usually she doesn't like him lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->