My clothes are getting tight!

lcmorla

Reaction score
Specifically the mid-section area. I'm only 10 weeks, 1 day so I shouldn't even be showing but I have a bulge of fat :( ANYONE ELSE?!!?!

Yup! I started showing around 9w3d or so. Then at 10w I decided I had to get maternity pants. I didn't have any pants I could wear comfortably anymore, even with a belly band. I'm definitely showing, most of it is bloat but some is definitely baby.
This is my first too!

sounds about right :) I start feeling my clothes get tight about 9 weeks or so, but I'm not showing yet. I can still wear my work pants fine. Underwear is starting to cut in, and I can't wear jeans. My days off I spend time in old scrub pants I have (used to be a CNA) or lounge pants with a tshirt.

I'm trying to hold off on buying maternity clothes, and planning a time I can go after getting off work, because in the town I live in there's no place to buy them at (very frustrating).

I just bought a pair of work pants last month and they fit me fine then but now I have a bulge coming out. As for my dress shirts, I can barely button them now. :(

Yes, I put on my pants yesterday and for the first time I noticed they were tighter.

With my first, I had gone from a size 2-4 to a size 8 by the time I was 8 weeks thanks to lots of bloating. The maternity stuff was still too big for awhile so I just bought some inexpensive looser styles of non-maternity stuff to bridge the gap. I wore all those clothes again for several months after the baby was born so it wasn't a waste of money. I try to hold off as long as possible buying maternity stuff because what fits now will very likely not fit by the end of the pregnancy.

My work trousers don't fit now, I've had two weeks off and just tried them on several days ago. I'm 10 weeks now too.

I'll only be working until about 22 weeks (not my choice, made redundant), so I begrudge buying expensive tailored maternity work trousers as I won't use them later on. I've settled on leggings with really long jumpers and tunic type tops, this seems to be acceptable work wear for pregnant women in my workplace, so I'll make those last out the next few months. After that, I'll be able to wear what I want as I won't be working, that'll be a lot easier.

I'm heading out this afternoon to try and get some work pants as I'm so uncomfortable. Nothing fits or if it does it just doesn't look right but obviously maternity clothes look a bit silly as I'm not big enough to fill them. Anyone else feel like they are in limbo at the moment??

I think totally normal. I'm on #3 and 10 weeks was when I was out of my regular jeans. Was surprised myself! I tend to forget these things each pregnancy. I've only gained 3 lbs so I know it can't be that I'm putting on a ton of fat, though my belly sure looks like it right now. What made me feel better was this link I found showing how baby and your organs are shifting from week to week. I look at it whenever I'm having a "fat" day. Here it is.... https://www.msichicago.org/fileadmin/Activities/Games/make_room/v2/mrfb.html

That site is really cool! Looks pretty accurate too.

For maternity stuff I only have 1 store in my area that sells maternity clothes in store but I did find some nice stuff at second hand shops for a 1/3 of the price! I'm sure I'll end up having to get some stuff online but way better price!

LMAO I pulled up that site sitting here next to my OH. He was like "wtf is that?" Explained it to him, and then we were talking about how body changes right in the last few weeks before birth, and all of a sudden he's covering his face. I asked him what was wrong, and he's like I don't want to hear about this....

I was in maternity pants at around 10 weeks lol. I felt SO much more comfy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->