My cycles are so messed up and last a day each month.. What is this?

xo_mdk

Mama of 2
Reaction score
My doctor thinks I'm crazy. I have to start off by saying that. I just finished my period. It lasted a little over 30 hours. It was very light. Too light for a tampon and didn't even fill a liner. It was also very watery. Sorry if that's tmi. My last 3 cycles have been like this as well. My periods used to be fairly normal, and last 6 days. In September I was a couple days late and bled very lightly almost spotting. I thought I was pregnant. Negative htp. October period was the same (+another neg hpt) and now November's period which came a couple days late as well. I just want to know what's going on with my body. I FEEL pregnant. I have symptoms; nausea daily for over 2 months, frequent headaches, boobs are tingy and bras are uncomfortable, I have a slight cramping daily and swear I can feel a popping feeling just below my belly button(its not gas, I get that too all the time but this is a slightly different feeling) I have two children so I know the feeling. I'm not though since tests say no and my doctor won't run any tests and says its all normal. Any advice would be awesome. So sorry for the long post! I'm just so frustrated because I'm not crazy.

You could be having progesterone issues that are messing with the flow of AF and producing prego like symptoms... I also recommend finding another dr who is willing to listen to you and run tests.

FIND ANOTHER DR! I really hate doctors who don't listen to their clients. As if we haven't been living in these bodies and have never experienced AF before. It's so frustrating. I found a naturopath who specialized in female/reproductive health and LOVED her. She would chat with me for over an hour and then take action every time. Naturopaths are all about diagnostics...that would be my recommendation. Not to mention it's nice to feel validated and heard when you fork out money for a medical professional. My periods have gotten very short..like two days since I came of BCP and were typically pretty light too. She put me on a natural progesterone cream, Vitanica pregnancy Prep, Thyroid supplements (although at first glance mine look normal--and these are just supplements, not hormones), did a full blood work up and since my periods have extended to about three days with a day or two of spotting on either side...

Sorry to rant, I just feel very strongly about this particular topic:blush:

Hi ladies, I'm just coming back to update. I saw a doctor today, my regular doctor wasn't in so I saw the on call who was so and didn't act like I was a crazy person. I'll be booking with him from now on. I look about 4 months pregnant now. He did a pregnancy test and it came back negative, but he's done blood work for me and I have an ultrasound booked for next Friday. He did a physical examination of my tummy and says there's definitely something going on and I feel like I'm pregnant. He said he could feel my uterus and said that some women when they have a recurring period like bleeding during pregnancy, won't get a positive urine and rarely a positive blood test so he's going to do whatever he can to get to the bottom of what's going on with me. Glad I saw a different doctor who's actually willing to listen to me and help me figure out what's happening with my body, especially if I'm not pregnant.

Hi ladies, I'm just coming back to update. I saw a doctor today, my regular doctor wasn't in so I saw the on call who was so and didn't act like I was a crazy person. I'll be booking with him from now on. I look about 4 months pregnant now. He did a pregnancy test and it came back negative, but he's done blood work for me and I have an ultrasound booked for next Friday. He did a physical examination of my tummy and says there's definitely something going on and I feel like I'm pregnant. He said he could feel my uterus and said that some women when they have a recurring period like bleeding during pregnancy, won't get a positive urine and rarely a positive blood test so he's going to do whatever he can to get to the bottom of what's going on with me. Glad I saw a different doctor who's actually willing to listen to me and help me figure out what's happening with my body, especially if I'm not pregnant.[/QUOTE

Please keep me posted, I have been going through something similar

xo_mdk
Any news? I'm so curious to know what happened!

I just got home about an hour ago. Still processing. Of course the ultrasound tech couldn't tell me anything, and the screen was turned away from me so I couldn't see either. She checked literally every organ in my stomach lol to rule things out. She asked me if I'd ever been pregnant or had kids. Asked me about my periods. Said she would check my uterus to make sure nothing was in there, she made weird faces but never elaborated on it. Also had an internal where she again asked me the same questions and took many many pictures of my left ovary area? I tried to pry things lol but she didn't say much. I won't know anything further until Tuesday at my next appointment. I'm so glad this doctor actually is helping me through this instead if dismissing me as crazy. I guess it helps when I actually look very pregnant even though tests all say no. I'll update again as soon as I know anything else.

Massive hugs hun. However frustrating. I always struggle when the techs don't say anything. I know they aren't suppose to but they could always reassure you.

Finally have news.
I have been diagnosed with pcos and a tilted uterus. Being referred to one of the best gynecologists in my city and hopefully start on something that will help. I'm a little disappointed but it will make actually being pregnant in the (hopefully) near future that much more amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->