My doctor doesn't recommend baby asprin???

Felix26

Trying for our 1st baby!!
Reaction score
Well as the title says... She doesn't recommend baby asprin while TTC, we're starting again after my reacent 2nd miscarriage and I heard good things about baby asprin and even the scan tech last pregnancy suggested it, but my doctor said it can cause miscarriage and they only prescribe it to ladies with underlying conditions. So now I'm confused, I want to do my utmost for a successful pregnancy next time. Any advice?xx

I guess my question to her would be: Can you please test me for those underlying conditions so I know if baby aspirin would help or not?

If the cause for the miscarriages is a clotting disorder, then aspirin or heparin injections would help. If it is a genetic issue, then it probably wouldn't.

She is sending me for blood tests, which I'm going for tomorrow. This was unexpected as I was told they don't do any tests until after 3rd miscarriage, the bloods seem to be testing for everything so hopefully it will pick something up if there is a problem. thanks x

Good job for your Dr. sending you in for tests early! I hate that they would wait till you've had three losses when they could help you prevent them and save you sadness!

What about progesterone? I've heard taking progesterone suppositories, a pill or using a cream can all help women with recurring miscarriages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->