My dog stinks

beth_terri

Reaction score
But she's a big bouncy boxer so I daren't take her to a groomers and trying to bath her in our bathroom is considerably awkward!! Any tips?!

Do you have a handle in the tub? I have done cats in past by tying them on a harness to the handle. What about a bathe your own pet? We have them in some of the petstores that you pay a small amount and they provide everything you just show up use the towels and leave the mess for them to clean up

How do you mean akward? Lifting her in the bath? I couldn't pick my chocolate Lab x Dalmation up and lift her in the bath I would struggle that's why that job is left to my OH as she smells and that's our job for tomorrow:wacko:

Can you take her into the bathtub with you?

I bathe my 3 in the shower with me, but they're smaller.

How do you mean akward? Lifting her in the bath? I couldn't pick my chocolate Lab x Dalmation up and lift her in the bath I would struggle that's why that job is left to my OH as she smells and that's our job for tomorrow:wacko:

Lifting her and keeping her in there x

u can get dry shampoo for dogs :)

hold on i'll find the link. xx

https://www.johnpaulpet.com/pet-products/waterless-foam-shampoo

have a look on ebay/amazon for it cheaper or if your in the UK your local Pets Corner will sell it or possibly pets at home.

alternitavely like someone else said tie him to the bath if your bath has a handle.. or get someone to distract him with a toy/food xx

Yeah or pethead do a deodoriser.

https://www.pethead.com/collections/dogs/products/pet-head-poof-magical-deodorizing-spray

also you can get mobile groomers, they come to you so it's one on one with the dog :)

Mobile groomers or put her in the garden & mix pet shampoo and water in a washing up bowl, get a sponge and rub it all over her - once done pore bits of water on her to rinse.

Once you've bathed her I'd use pet deodoriser or the dry shampoo to keep ontop of her :thumbup: xx

hose in the garden if you have one. does she like water or no??. when washing my boy off in the garden after we've been on a long muddy walk with my friend we make a game out of it as both our dogs love to chase the water from the hose so we will hose them down quickly then play, then hose again. if you want to shampoo as well just rub in some shampoo in between playing and hosing down. im lucky my boy loves water and the bath and jumps in every time I open the bathroom door.

if you want to get your dog used to having an actual bath in the bath put a bath mat down and encourage her to jump in only treating her when she's stood or sat in the bath, build it up turning the water on and giving treats then getting her wet and give treats and so on.HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->