My DR appt. today!!

letia659

mom to Jacob and Zander!
Reaction score
Hi all I am from the US so some stuff is done differently here as I see an OBGYN doctor as opposed to the midwifes and we dont have 12 week scans we have 20 week scans. since I have found out I was pregnant after TTC for over 3 years I have had 4 ultrasounds and been to the doctor ever 2 weeks! my doctor is amazing as I went in today at 9+5 not expecting to hear a heartbeat as I am too early and I was right the doppler didnt pick it up...but my doctor wanted a heartrate so she sent me for an "unofficial Quick" ultrasound just to get a heartrate! so I went in there knowing I wouldnt get to see much but the sonographer is so sweet she turns the monitor and shows me my baby moving its lil arms and legs, she measure my lil one to make sure it goes with my dates (measured at 9+6!!heartrate is 169!), and gives me 3 pictures as Im leaving!!! they are just so very good to me and seem generally concerned enough! I just wanted to brag on my doctor and their staff! oh and here is a pic from today!! :cloud9:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 12
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 9
That is such great news sweety! Congrats to you and I'm happy that your baby is doing well. :)

Congrats

I think that different OBGYN's do different things. I live in USA also and my doctors only ultrasound at 12 weeks, 20 weeks, and I will have one (maybe 2) in 3rd tri becasue last baby was so big.

well I think maybe because I went in so early is why I wouldnt need a 12 week scan though because I think I did have one with my son but the doc wouldnt even see me until I was 12 weeks but she wasnt such a good doctor in my opinion and she said I was getting the scan only because my uterus was measuring larger than 12 weeks so I took it as they dont usually do 12 week scans. I figure they all do it differently though.

With my doctors I go in for an ultrasound whenever I want! I just had a scan at 8 weeks and will prob go in at 12 weeks.

Aw, thats great! I really want to see my babes at my next appt. but I have to wait until 20 weeks. :( It makes me so sad, lol. But, I am glad things are going well!!

Im sure I could get an u/s whenever I want with the way they are allowing me to get them so Im thinking of asking for one around 16 weeks as I might be able to know what Im having and I will be making a trip to visit my mom and dad in Tennessee right after that and I wanna suprise them with pics! Im just not used to this when I had my son you didnt dare ask for a u/s they only gave them if necessary. I like the fact that they finally let us have them more freely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->