My dramatic unplanned home birth

Willow82

Reaction score
So I had been getting lower back pain and period type pain on and off for a couple of weeks but nothing really seemed to be happening.

On Monday 30th November I was out shopping for Christmas decorations with my parents and 3 year old. I felt like I had over done it as I became increasingly tired and found it difficult to walk.

When we got home I rested and then put DS to bed and read him a bedtime story. After I said good night to him, I noticed that I got a really intense painful cramp in my back and in my bump. I thought that it was as a result of over doing it or constipation but I soon realised they were contractions. They started coming every 2 mins and lasted for 40 seconds and which were incredibly painful. We rang the hospital who told us to stay at home until the contractions lasted 1 minute. I felt that they were getting more intense though and felt like I couldn't cope. I remember being worried at this point as I had laboured for about 30 hours with my son before feeling like I couldn't cope and here I was at the same point barely an hour into labour. I thought that my pain threshold had really gone down over the last 3 years! Then my waters broke with a pop and gushed all over my jeans. My partner then rang the hospital but was on hold. The contractions had really ramped up in intensity and then all of a sudden I felt I needed to push. My partner then rang 999 after briefly speaking to the hospital who said they would send a midwife out. Ernergency services then told my partner to take my jeans off which I resisted as my parents were in the room as they were staying with us for a few days. My dad was banished to the kitchen and my partner and mum got my jeans off. I then heard my partner tell emergency services that he could see the head and a few pushes later my little girl was born on our living room floor delivered by her daddy! Labour was 90 minutes from start to finish.

The ambulance arrived a few minutes afterwards followed by the midwives. I was then transferred to hospital where I was stitched up following a small second degree tear.

She's ten days old now and we're utterly in love with her :)

So here is Freya Willow born at 39+2 weighting 7ib 14.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 155
Wow! That's so quick! Well done to you and daddy for catching her! She's adorable 💖

AMAZING!! Great job to you and dh!! She is gorgeous!!

Amazing thanks for sharing! I've been waiting for some new birth stories to follow. Congratulations

Congratulations and well done you. What an amazing birth story. :flower:

That's amazing! I bet your hubby and mum were proud.

Oh my goodness! congratulations she is such a cutie! and amazing birth story :cloud9:

Wow amazing story!!! Congrats she is beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->