my due date... came and went..

Erinsmummy

Pregnant with no6
Reaction score
ARGH cant believe it. My first was 3 weeks early... Anyone else overdue?

yup 40+5... trying anything and everything but nothing seems to working... baby just doesn't want to come.out!!!

I'm here with you! Being overdue is no fun..Dr. appointment tomorrow hoping I've made some progress...at my last appt last week I was only 1cm dilated and cervix was still very thick :( She wanted to strip my membranes then but I made her stop because I thought it was too painful/uncomfortable...how am I gonna be able to handle labor?? It really scares me to think about...

my last appointment was Thursday.. had my second sweep.. i was 2cm dilated and40% effaced and Im still waiting.. have an ultrasound to check on baby tomorrow...

my edd is today and still no sign.... had a membrane sweep yesterday afternoon and NOTHING .... had a few twinges before going to sleep but woke up fine...

The babys head wasnt engaged when she did the sweep, she said it was bobbing around in my pelvis. She wasnt able to do it at first, but managed it in the end. She didnt explain it very well and when i tried to read the notes i wasnt any better of understanding it...

it goes like this...

cx soft thick. os slightly post ceph C - 2 to 3 cm (with an arrow pointing upto the thick) Spines membranes swept.

My fiances paternity starts today as i assured him that baby would have been here by now... starting to feel very deflated as ive been having really bad braxton hicks over the past 2 weeks and really expected to have baby in my arms by now.

:shrug: xx

Im still waiting! Im now 6 days over with my second and no twinges or signs so im getting pretty anxious about the whole birthing thing. I have my first sweep booked innfor thurs but also feel nervous about this.... Will the sweep hurt? I managed to avoid one with my daughter two years ago she was 9 days late but eventually decided to come on her own xxx

I had tthe sweep with my daughter the day before my due date. I went into labor that night, I was lucky. It ask uncomfortable..very uncomfortable but manageable for me. Hope you go into labor before then so you don't have to go through it!

10 days overdue here and nothing moving. Second sweep today - awaiting call to arrange and induction scheduled for Thursday. Very fed up now.

My first baby arrived on time so was kind of expecting the same this time around. No such luck.

I'll be overdue in 3 days, and I'm miserable!! Ugh.... A week ago I had bad back pain and some crampiness, but it all went away by the morning. Nothing since. She literally has no room in there, when she's active I feel like I'm getting beat up :( Have a Dr Appt Thursday...

i was recommended to stimulate my nipples by the midwife yesterday... ive been gently brushing them and when i do i get uncomfortable tightenings... but these arent contractions are they? or do you think they will turn into contractions?

Yup 2 days over! Had a sweep this morning and have been having some cramps so I'm hoping so badly that something will happen over the next day or so. But some ladies saying that they're on their 2nd sweep to no avail isn't filling me with hope! Booked in for induction on the 24th which obviously I don't want!

Good luck to everyone :)

I am 4 days over and just tired. Went to the dr. yesterday and she said I was 2 1/2-3 cm, and only 50% effaced. They have set my induction to Friday, I will 41 weeks then.

Well second sweep done and dusted. Nothing moving still so going in tomorrow for induction. Glad to have a date to be honest.

I'm here with you! Being overdue is no fun..Dr. appointment tomorrow hoping I've made some progress...at my last appt last week I was only 1cm dilated and cervix was still very thick :( She wanted to strip my membranes then but I made her stop because I thought it was too painful/uncomfortable...how am I gonna be able to handle labor?? It really scares me to think about...

I was offered a sweep yesterday but declined, when i was in labor with my daughter i had 2 vaginal examinations and i swear they were way more uncomfy than the labor was lol. You will cope with it just fine dont worry :)

Im still waiting! Im now 6 days over with my second and no twinges or signs so im getting pretty anxious about the whole birthing thing. I have my first sweep booked innfor thurs but also feel nervous about this.... Will the sweep hurt? I managed to avoid one with my daughter two years ago she was 9 days late but eventually decided to come on her own xxx

Apparently a sweep isnt meant to hurt but everyone i know that has had one says it does! My midwife wanted to give me one yesterday but i said no as vaginal examinations with my first really did hurt, she said it should never hurt...

Looks like im not alone anyway! I am not being induced, i know that much, midwife wanted to book me in but im not doing it, want baby to come on his own, i am just putting trust in my body that it will do what its suppose to at the time! The birth with my daughter was a good 1, straightforward and textbook so im just hoping for the same!

Hi erinsmummy, i'm still waiting too, I also won't be taking a sweep or inducing, he'll be here when he's ready, we just have comfy snuggly tummies :thumbup:

I'm mostly just enjoying my last days feeling him in my tummy :cloud9:

well im 40 + 2 and im still here... its approaching the 48 hr deadline for the sweep to work and NOTHING ...

Gunna see if they can squeeze me in for another tomorrow.

:nope:

I had tthe sweep with my daughter the day before my due date. I went into labor that night, I was lucky. It ask uncomfortable..very uncomfortable but manageable for me. Hope you go into labor before then so you don't have to go through it!

Well still NOTHING and the sweep is getting closer as booked in tomorrow. I was due last weds but nothing happening still!!!! Xxx

I'm still here, I went for my last midwife appt this morning, if i've not had him by the 25th at which point i'll be 42+1 then I have to go to the hospital for a check up, but no mention of induction or a sweep which i'm happy about :D Can I ask you ladies why it is that you are having a sweep before 42 weeks? I'm just curious :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->