my due date... came and went..

I'm still here, I went for my last midwife appt this morning, if i've not had him by the 25th at which point i'll be 42+1 then I have to go to the hospital for a check up, but no mention of induction or a sweep which i'm happy about :D Can I ask you ladies why it is that you are having a sweep before 42 weeks? I'm just curious :D

Some people/ sources say you should get a sweep after 40 weeks and some say 42 weeks. My midwife gave me an external examination before saying she was happy to give me an internal to which led to a sweep. I guess she wouldn't have if babys head was disengaged or if I wasn't having any signs of prelabour but I've been having cramps, pressure and backache for over a week now. I'd like to hope that each midwife treats each mother and baby on an individual basis and decides what to do then?

My doctor said that the risks of calcification of the placenta and c-section is higher past 42 weeks. So that's why they offer it at 41 weeks.

Thanks, I just wondered because I find it interesting how these types of things and the info/advice given varies depending on the country you are in, I love reading others points of view :thumbup:

Thanks, I just wondered because I find it interesting how these types of things and the info/advice given varies depending on the country you are in, I love reading others points of view :thumbup:

I know, it's crazy how things differ in each country or even in each part of a country!

Anyone else feeling anything? I've had some irregular tightenings. I still don't know what a proper contraction will feel like though x

I have been getting irregular contractions for days, they feel exactly like real ones except they just subside, nothing comes of it, having so many pains but just nothing! So ready to have him now lol. Anyone else gettin Fed up.of people ringing and texting asking if anything's happening!? Argh it's annoying, too much pressure lol.

Yeah risks of stillbirth go up after 42 weeks, very slightly though, but after that point you are monitered well. I have been told by scans and measurements my baby is on smaller side so I think maybe he just needs a few more days....

My midwife fully respects that I don't want induction, she's very laid back and just let me.do my own thing. We've been having rough sex lol but all that does is makes my Braxton hicks painfull!! And to be honest as u all prob know sex with a bump is quite comical at times haha

I'm completely fed up of people asking, especially when they ask and then when I say nothing, they don't want to chat after! But I feel like I have a lot of them under control becuase I set up a betting type thing with a lot of my friends and family, so they're mostly just waiting on me to tell them if they're wrong :haha: They asked what prize they would get for being right, I haven't told them what it'll be, but I plan to just draw around the baby's hand and write congratulations along the top of the paper, they can display it on their fridge :rofl:

This afternoon/evening i've been having a lot of contractions all of a sudden, and when I was eating dinner I had to run to the loo as I had diarrhea, i'm currently timing just for fun, but how do I know that they're not just my usual BH :shrug: I'm just excited i'm sure it'll happen soon :D

you will know if they start to get more painfull. Braxton hicks can be painfull but they dont get to the intensity of the real thing, now thats PAIN hahahah. Running to the loo though... that could be your body clearing itself out ready for labour! Thats really common. less likely you will poo in labour then too which is always a bonus :)

I read that about your body cleansing, but to be honest i've been having diarrhea on and off for a few weeks now, it says that your body can do multiple cleanses over time :shrug: would be nice if it is an imminent sign of labour now though, it was much more upset than usual anyway, but just like the 2ww i'm symptom spotting :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->