my explanation for many or no flashing smiles

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Good morning! I just wanted to share my experience with Clearblue's Advanced OPKs, and my theory for why some women may be getting a lot of flashing smiles or none at all (straight from empty to solid). I used them this month for the first time.

My cycle last month was 24 days, so I started testing CD 6 with fmu. On CD 8, I excitedly got my first flashing smile and mentally prepared myself for another short cycle. WRONG. After EIGHT days of flashing smiles and confusing Target brand opks, I rant out of sticks. So I bought more CB tests, but Target only had the 20 pack. So I had a brilliant idea to use that one with afternoon (about 4pm) urine.

So on CD 16, I continued to test once with fmu with one holder and once at 4pm with the other holder. On CD 16 and 17, I got flashing smiles with fmu and empty circles with afternoon urine.

FINALLY! After 10 days of flashing smiles, I got my solid smile on CD 18 with both fmu and afternoon urine. I continued to test without the holders and with Target opks, and my surge lasted about two days.

So what did I deduce? If you look at the chart on the clear blue sight, you will notice that estrogen starts to rise before it shows the point when your smile starts flashing. Because I started testing too early, that natural rise that precedes the point of "high estrogen" (because remember this test is looking for your PERSONAL rise in estrogen) will cause you to get a flashing smile. Making you get the extra days of flashing smiles. On the flip side, if you start testing too late (after your estrogen has risen) there won't be a rise in estrogen to detect so you can go from an empty to a solid without any flashing.

So that's my theory. I thought I would share since I was frustrated and couldn't find answers, and I know others are as well. This isn't concrete. Just my observations and theories from one cycle of using CB. The first pack I used years ago, I never got out of the empty circle before 10 sticks and didn't want to waste money back then. Hope this helps!

This is great information! I stopped using the Clearblue's because I thought it was odd that I kept getting flashing smiles. Thought it was broken, so I got the bulk POAS on the internet.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->