My family hates our fav name-- what do you all think?

a cop out but possible compromise, if you dont mind nicknames you could tell you family they can called him Kade (which is neither 'black' nor 'white' sounding imho)

Ignore your family, it's your baby not theirs. I thought of a name and my parents HATE it. I don't care. Like I said to them it's my baby and I will call her what I want. I also asked my mum this question.. "If grandma hadn't liked my name would you have chosen differently or would've you have told her it was YOUR decision?!" She looked at me and said "stuck with my decision, you are my child" ...... Exactly. Once your baby is here they will get used to the name and won't even think otherwise after a while. My friends parents hated her sons name, tried to put her off.. He's 1 now and they LOVE his name and said they can't believe they didn't like it as he couldn't be anything else now. You will always find one person who doesn't like the name you choose.

Kadeem is a beautiful name. Don't let the ignorance get to you. They'll accept it sooner or later.

I love Kadeem James. =) :cloud9:

A. No name equals black or white. That is dumb
B. the meaning is lovely
C. I personally do not like the first name, and I'm not a fan of the middle choices with it
D. It is YOUR baby so follow your heart :)

I prefer something like Michael Kadeem it flows much, much better. Ending the first name with an m and following it with an m doesn't sound quite as nice, in my opinion.

I tried Kadeem out with a dozen names just now, and it seems to work as nicely and easily as Rose or Marie for a middle. So, I prefer it as a middle

:)

Absolutely love the name Kadeem - as you said its unique and how could you ever regret it when it means so much to your OH. I've never heard it before but if I met someone I'd be sure to compliment them - sorry if your family hate it but to be honest I don't think people are outwardly racist about names anymore, that seems an old fashioned way of thinking to me and I can't see how it would make his life harder.
Good luck & hope you go for it if the time comes:flower:
xo.

This would be reason #5039 why I don't tell family and friends the baby's name before birth. I find before the baby is born people have no problem telling everything that is wrong with the name you picked and love. And you won't ever satisfy everyone - someone will always dislike the name. After birth almost no one would dare say a word - so we never tell. Once the baby is born they kind of become the name and you can't picture them as anyone else! Personally I think it is a great name and has a lovely meaning - I don't know what they think you're trying to "prove" by choosing that name. It makes perfect sense to me. :thumbup:

I love Kadeem, i think its beautiful, and a beautiful way our honoring your husbands friend

This is YOUR baby and if YOU like the name, then you should have it. Your baby is going to be mixed so even if Kadeem is seen as a "black name", it will suit him either way, so not sure what they mean! You will be raising your child, not them, it is really nobody else's business whether you call him Kadeem, Arthur or Moonshine! x

Ignore them! Not that it matters but I assumed it was Arabic. I know a Nadeem who is Arabic.

I think it's a lovely name and that your family is being crazy.

I would go with it, and if they complain, just tell them, "I've explained to you why we've chosen it, it's nothing to do with 'proving' anything, and frankly, you're being racist anyway."

Or if they suggest other names, just turn them all down by saying, "Mmmmm, no, it sounds a bit 'white' I think." :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->