My first baby is here! Happy and healthy Girl!

Beasley

5.5 months preggers!
Reaction score
One Epidural and a Box of Timbits Later...
Exactly a week and 1 day before my due date, my husband was BBQing southwest burgers when I started having "discomfort". The sharp, squeezie pains that lasted 30-40 seconds started coming with more intensity and frequency.
My husband, God love him, asked me if I fancied a burger and I couldn't respond...not that the pain was terrible, I just was too focused on what was happening to respond. So he prepared himself a burger and fueled himself for what had the potential to be a LONG night.
By 7:00 I was contracting consistently every 4 mins and 45 secs (according to the notes my MIL was keeping for me).
I was still convinced this was false labour, but my MIL insisted I go get checked. I was afraid of being disappointed and sent home in false labour so I took my sweet time getting to the car.
We arrived in the hospital, and my doctor checked me. I was 2 cm at 8:30 so he sent me in to the halls walking for an hour.
The pains kept coming but didn't really increase in INTENSITY so again I was CONVINCED that I would have to do "the false labour, walk of shame" out of the hospital.
My parents showed up to offer their support, my dad tried to lighten the mood by cracking a few weak joked about contractions. These were not well received and thank GOD he got the hint when I said "Do...not... joke ...about...my...pain".
So my husband and I walked for about an hour. The halls of the hospital were quiet and peaceful, except when my mother (an OR nurse) was motoring around trying to hunt me down.
The doctor checked me again and I had progressed to 3cm so he declared that I would not be going home. (Hallelujah!!!) After my reaction to his vaginal exam, he also announced that I would be a PRIME Candidate for an epidural (what can I say, my cervix did not enjoy being prodded).
I self soothed with Tim Hortons TimBits after my initial shock at the pain I felt while the epidural was going in (It really hurt when the meds were administered). I then tried to rest.
But THAT was impossible, I was MUCH too excited!!! and the contractions were coming MUCH more frequently at about 2 minutes apart! I informed the nurses that I was feeling quite a bit of discomfort, and I was feeling an urge to push. They said likely it was nothing yet, I should only be progressing about 1 cm every 2 hours...however they checked me just to be sure.
My husband asked if he should call the family back to the hospital..."not until she is 8 cm's" they said "right now she will likely only be 4 or 5".
Nurse 1 checked and much to everyone's suprise she announced "8 cm's! just let me get the other nurse to verify."
With that my husband was out of the room calling family to come! The other nurse came in and checked..."She is definately 10 cm's, call the doctor, You can push next contraction honey"...Imagine my husbands suprise upon his return!!!
I pushed for an hour, 3 times with every contraction...and I pushed HARD. My mom arrived and held a mirror (which I swore I'd never use, but now highly recommend). I believe this is what helped the pushes be so effective.
Before the doctor had his gloves on Baby Jilliann arrived. 1 second there was a tiny bit of hair, the next she was completely out!!! and I was ripped from stem to stern (I was informed the next day I had 2nd degree tearing). It all happened so fast! My baby was here!!!

Boy oh boy did I cry. I was so relieved, we had done it! She had arrived safe and sound...and I had even managed to eat a box of timbits in the process!

At 4:10am June 16th, My husband and I became the proud parents to a 6lb15ounce baby girl, Jilliann May!

Congratulations! Love your story. =D

You have a writer's talent :) I enjoyed your story a lot! Congratulations, enjoy your little bundle of joy!!!!!

congrats on little Jilliann. Well done!

congrats!!! pics!!! we need pics!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoRg9maFFrc here is a video :)

I read this the other day but didnt reply.. Congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->