My First Brush with Jealousy

andella95

Reaction score
Now, normally I don't feel much envy or jealousy towards women who are getting pregnant and having babies around me. Even 4-5 months after my MMC at almost 13 weeks, it didn't bother me that 66% of my coworkers at the time were pregnant. I always felt like it didn't really have anything to do with me...I mean, they weren't stealing my eggs or husbands sperm, LOL.

I felt genuinely happy for them.

And now that I'm in this place where it's really the worst possible timing for me to get pregnant, a friend of mine from high school just found out on the 16th that she is pregnant. So she started trying to figure out dates and she realized she might be as far as 5 or 6 months along. She went to see the doc & had an ultrasound on the 20th, and he was like - oh, you're MUCH farther along. He told her she was already at term and would probably have the baby within a week!!!

She was in total shock - she said, "I can't believe I've been making fun of the women on 'I didn't Know I was Pregnant'" We're not real close, so I don't want to ask her a lot of personal questions about how she could go nine months without knowing, but for this, I definitely feel jealousy.

I mean, I test like, ten times a cycle....and she was able to go 9 months without testing?

I'm happy for her, but also, I wish I were here. Why can't all of those tests I've been taking be wrong for nine months?

Just had to get this out.

Hugs hun. Its only normal to feel like that now and again. I know someone who feels like that all the time. Dont beat yourself up for feeling this way, or feel guilty for it. Just remember your turn is coming up. But for now just let them feelings go so your not holding on to them.

:hugs: pretty good for her having no symptoms but not healthy for the baby :( I know what you mean though, a lass living near me went to hospital with severe stomach ache and was in labour, she didnt even know she was PG! not normal.. lol x

Jealousy is so normal. It's not the same circumstances as your story, but I have a friend with 7 month old twins. We were pregnant together for a short time. Even though I was getting PLENTY of attention, she was having twins, and she has PCOS and they went through several IVF cycles, a miscarriage etc. Then she had to be on bedrest for most of her pregnancy. She missed her own baby shower. Of course I felt bad for her! I can't even imagine. But there is always a twinge of jealousy. I felt like she stole my thunder so to speak. I had just had my son, but it was like no one cared because she was having so many complications. It's human nature though.

And I can't believe your friend didn't know she was pregnant! I always make fun of the women on that show too. And even though I've gotten so many BFN, I secretly wish I was one of them and I really am pregnant even though the tests were negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->