My first cycle on vitex and b6

Roc78

Reaction score
Hi all

This is month 9 ttc for us.

My af is regular but short... 24 days. Ovulate on cd12 or cd13.
My dr suspected a lutual phase defect saying its a little on the short side and that may be why I'm not falling pregnant.

This month (cycle day 1 was 27 dec) I started taking vitex. 2 capsules in the morning and 2 in the evening together with b6, a bcomplex mad my usual pregnacare conception. I also took epo before ovulation.

This is my first cycle taking anything additional to pregnacare.

I o on either day 12 or 13 (used opks only) and bd on days 9, 10, 11 and 13.

My af was due yesterday. I had some brown discharge and light pink on wiping yesterday and today. Only when wiping. Bfp since 11dpo!!

Do you think it's possible that vitex and b6 effected my lutual phase already and that's why I'm late ....

Any experience with vitex and b6 welcome!!

I don't think I'm pg or surely I'd have had a hint of a line by now!!

Either way I guess it's a positive that the vitex is doing something! As long as af comes soon.

It is possible....I took both supplements and had results the first month but I was able to tell exactly what part of my cycle was changing because I had been charting my bbt. Congrats first of all for being proactive and starting those two things to help yourself along!

I would strongly recommend you start charting as well so you can a) figure out exactly how long both parts of your cycle are (follicular and luteal) so you can gauge how well the supplements are working for you and b) with your cycle changing you will want to know exactly when O is occurring as it can move around a bit on those supplements. I ended up having a very short luteal phase and while vitex and a b-100 complex helped to lengthen it a day or two I had to also use progesterone cream which lengthened it another 4 days! I started getting bfp's the first couple of cycles after starting vitex but lost those angels because of a luteal phase defect.

Take a look at Fertility Friend (it's free) and good luck and hope you get your bfp!

Hi Roc78,

I'm new to this forum, and my situation is slightly similar to yours. I'm actually researching ways to leg then my luteal phase too (self diagnosing here, as I live in France, and the doctors here don't seem to recognize luteal phase defect at all). Apparently, vitex and B6 can work wonders, but what seems to work for a lot of women is supplementing with vitamin C too. Apparently, between 500-700mg of vitamin C can help increase progesterone production (which is one of the main problems in LPD).

I have started on vitex this month (400mg/day), and I can already feel slight pains in my uterus (I am mid-cycle), so hoping that's ovulation pain. I've opted for a B complex vitamin rather than just B6 as I know all the B vits work together - plus, you should be taking folic acid too as part of a prenatal plan, and that's included in the B complex.

One other tip, and this is just from having read-up extensively on luteal phase defect. It appears that progesterone deficiency is directly linked to high stress levels, as the body uses progesterone in order to make cortisone (the hormone secreted when we are stressed). Women who manage to stay calm are more likely to fix their luteal phase defect rapidly... I am prone to anxiety and stress, and so I'm currently trying to be as cool and composed as I can. Just thought I'd share that info. Good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->