my first opk

simple

Reaction score
Ok ladies I have just started charting my cycles and this evening I took a opk and I got a faint line... Does this mean that I did ovulated or I'm going too.. My last af was on 20/01/14.. I had very very light brownish spotting last week for four days

Really hard to know unless you temp. You can get faint lines before and after ovulation.

Unfortunately you can't know this unless you temp (I know, you are getting one!)....some women always have a little LH in their system and can probably always get a faint line (this is why they day do NOT use an OPK as a HPT).

Your best bet is to keep testing with an OPK every day and see if the line gets darker or lighter. But remember, you can get a positive OPK and not ovulate.

Wow its so hard... I can't believe it's this hard... I tested again last night and got the same faint line...

Faint lines mean negative...a positive is when the test line is darker than the control line. :dust:

This is my test done for three days.... Did I ovulate??!?!!
It been so long since my last AF!!!

Attachments

• WP_000357.jpg
    WP_000357.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 11
Great!!!!! I'm so excited and happy.... First positive sign ever in two years... The only thing worrying is that I'm on cd102

The OPK is detecting a serge, the top one is for sure a positive. But that doesn't mean you ovulated. I don't want to bring down the party, but since you do seem to be having an awful long cycle I would get on temping right now so you can confirm ovulation.

I actually went yesterday to look for a temp but they only had the normal temp... Would a normal temp work?

You mean they just had a normal thermometer?

Yes you can use those, you won't get as specific temps as you should be getting, but when I started temping I used a normal thermometer (digital with only .1 decimal) and I got cross hairs to confirm ovulation.

I conceived my 2nd child on a 100+ day long cycle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->