my first prenatal vist..need advice

classychick30

Reaction score
So I just had my 1st prenatal visit. By using my last menstrual date both doctor and I figured my due date would be OCt 7th 2014. She did the routine, pap smear, blood work, urine test and then the physical exam to see how far along I am. But she said she couldn't tell how far along I am because my uterus sits up high. So she ordered that I get an ultrasound next week to figure out how far along I really am. But she did say everything feels normal, then I went to the nurse right after to discuss pregnancy related things. I can't sleep. I am worried something is wrong. I have never heard of this and its making my nausea worse...can someone give me some advice??? Thank you!!!!!!

You're fine honey. I'm guessing you're just further along than she thought. Your uterus stretches, so once it's up to your belly button, you could be ALOT further along. Try taking some Unisom to sleep (it's safe) if you take Vitamin B6 with it. It will relieve the nausea! Try not to worry. I know that's easier said than done :)

You can stop worrying! I have heard of this. I scheduled my first visit with my OBGYN when we were ttc - before I knew I was pregnant. I had all those tests done and one of the questions he asked me was whether I knew if my uterus is tilted up or down. I thought that was a weird question and I remember him saying that depending on which way it tilts it can be harder to see the baby.

So don't worry it sounds like your case is common enough, natural and absolutely nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->