• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My first visit to the 2WW

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
As this is our first month TTC.. I have never experienced the 2WW before, and all I can say is Im so excited.
I was all worried about things like "what if I dont ovulate" etc etc as we all do, but I ovulated bang on time (day 16 of a 30 day cycle) so I am confident.

I know it can take time to conceive but I believe its better to be positive and think about the ood things that might happen, rather than dwindling on what may not be.

I am just looking for people advice on what to expect during the 2WW (if anything) and what are the main signs of pregnancy during this 2 week period.

Any info would be great.

Thanks
xxx

wow best of luck, this is our 30+th 2WW, wishing you both baby dust x

wow best of luck, this is our 30+th 2WW, wishing you both baby dust x

HI Lynne192 - I feel a little less alone now as this is my 16th 2WW. Find it so hard to remain hopeful - why is it taking so long?!!!

know the feeling all to well, we;re back at infertility clinic 2rd of may to see what our next step us, we took clomid last year but ended in ectopic sadly, do they know why its taking you so long? i have pcos, tilted uterus and blood problems... hope you get ur bfp soon x

no worries think we all want BFP ASAP

know the feeling all to well, we;re back at infertility clinic 2rd of may to see what our next step us, we took clomid last year but ended in ectopic sadly, do they know why its taking you so long? i have pcos, tilted uterus and blood problems... hope you get ur bfp soon x

Hi - thx for post. No obvious probs but I'm 40 so I'm thinking its an age thing maybe. Have a son aged 8. Keep well and fit but never thought it would take this long. Was a bit anaemic so have been on iron tabs and hoping that will help. Also now following brill book on nutrition and fertility - can recommend if you're interested.
Just tested this am, about 13 days DPO and BFN :( Tried with clearblue Digi but others have said this is least sensitive of early tests?
Takes a lot of effort to keep optimistic. Hope perseverance pays off for all of us xx

yeah it is hard, i found clearblue ones the most reliable but i have had defect ones too which is a nightmare but the company always replace the defect ones which is good, cause they can be rather costly, with my son i used the early pregnancy nhs ones i bought in bulk on ebay, i was only 3 weeks gone with him when i got bfp, i am 11dpo and not sure when to test really want to test soon but i know its pointless and best to wait until my period either shows up or not.

best of luck to you, have you been offered any fertility help because of your age? don't mean that to sound rude, my mum has a little girl only months older than my son as she was in her 40's when she had my sister. its really funny though because everyone thinks i'm her mum lol

This is also my first 2ww even though weve been ttc for nearly 3 years this is the first time i know for sure that ive OV. Im soooo excited!!! x

yeah it is hard, i found clearblue ones the most reliable but i have had defect ones too which is a nightmare but the company always replace the defect ones which is good, cause they can be rather costly, with my son i used the early pregnancy nhs ones i bought in bulk on ebay, i was only 3 weeks gone with him when i got bfp, i am 11dpo and not sure when to test really want to test soon but i know its pointless and best to wait until my period either shows up or not.

best of luck to you, have you been offered any fertility help because of your age? don't mean that to sound rude, my mum has a little girl only months older than my son as she was in her 40's when she had my sister. its really funny though because everyone thinks i'm her mum lol

WE've had all the usual tests and all have been normal. Won't get IVF or egg donation on NHS on account of age but not sure I would want to go there yet anyway. Doc seems to think its just a matter of time. Taking hope from fact that avge ttc for someone my age is about 20 months and we're not there yet. Also have a lovely wee boy already so am very lucky and another one would be a bonus. Hope you get your BFP soon xx

Hello ladies...this is my first 2WW and also the first month of seriously trying. I have strange symptoms which I never had. I am a healthy lean person. I have used EPO capsules and I had lots of CM during BD. I remember on 15th Apr my body just went haywire! I had lower abdominal pain, lower back pain, headache and tired. Of late I have sore big boobs. The back pain stays for long time but sometime goes away. I normally have lower back pain on the first day of my period.Since past 3 days its not there. Lotssss of EXCM, which I miss took for ovulation or AF. I hope I get a BFP:happydance:. I bought first response preg.test. My AF day is 3 May. Waiting to test a week after AF. Keeping my fingers crossed:blush:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->