My friend has had her baby.........

I went to visit her yesterday - she is very emotional still and quite overwhelmed by it all. I took her some breastpads, acidophilus (she's on antibiotics) and lent her 2 of my nursing bras (correct size). She's expressing well and the amount she's getting each time is increasing but from what she's said it doesn't sound like her milk has come in just yet.

She is getting to go home today - obviously without the little one :nope:
- although on the plus side she is getting to hold her for the 1st time today so that's great! I've explained about skin to skin helping her milk come in and increase her supply so hopefully she'll be allowed to do it - I hear it's called "kangaroo care"?! when the baby is premature? :shrug:

Aw glad she is doing ok and got to hold her baby. She'll be really glad of your support and friendship right now - I really appreciated friends doing the kind of things you are doing.

Yep, it's called Kangaroo care and is really beneficial to the baby.

Going home without her little one will be so hard. How is LO doing?

If you or your friend need anyone to talk to, I'm here :hug:

She said holding LO was amazing. They have had to go back to tube feeding as LO wasn't doing so well but she's still breathing on her own which is great! :happydance:

She's managed to borrow a hospital grade double pump and is keeping up with the expressing.

She's still really emotional bless her - it's hard cause the only way that can be helped is for LO to come home healthy but obviously I can't help that :nope:

I have just spoken to her to give her help with pumping. The hospital hasn't even shown her how to use the pump! :growlmad: I've explained it to her so she's sorted now but can't believe they didn't tell her how! :nope: The amount of information she's been given about BF is shocking! I've had to explain about foremilk and hindmilk to make sure she's expressing long enough to get the hindmilk to put the weight on LO. It's not surprising ladies give up when they are not taught properly or given the facts!!! :growlmad::nope:

LO is doing great and things are looking good!! :happydance::wohoo:

I have just spoken to her to give her help with pumping. The hospital hasn't even shown her how to use the pump! :growlmad: I've explained it to her so she's sorted now but can't believe they didn't tell her how! :nope: The amount of information she's been given about BF is shocking! I've had to explain about foremilk and hindmilk to make sure she's expressing long enough to get the hindmilk to put the weight on LO. It's not surprising ladies give up when they are not taught properly or given the facts!!! :growlmad::nope:

LO is doing great and things are looking good!! :happydance::wohoo:

Thank goodness she's got you! The midwives were helpful with teaching me how to hand express but they didn't show me how to work the pump - they just gave me it and left me to get on with it and I got so stressed out over it. Nobody told me about foremilk and hindmilk until it came time to actually start breastfeeding.

Feel free to pass my details on to her if you think I could help at all - my LO was 12 weeks in neonatal but she was a few weeks earlier - so I know what she's going through. PM me if you want my email or fb details for her.

I'm so glad LO is doing so well :) Preemies are such little fighters :happydance:

[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness she's got you! The midwives were helpful with teaching me how to hand express but they didn't show me how to work the pump - they just gave me it and left me to get on with it and I got so stressed out over it. Nobody told me about foremilk and hindmilk until it came time to actually start breastfeeding.

Feel free to pass my details on to her if you think I could help at all - my LO was 12 weeks in neonatal but she was a few weeks earlier - so I know what she's going through. PM me if you want my email or fb details for her.

I'm so glad LO is doing so well :) Preemies are such little fighters :happydance:[/QUOTE]

Aw thankyou so much - I will :flower: :hugs:

My twins were born Sunday....I was only 29 weeks.I have been pumping like crazy.Its so hard to pump,visit the hospital daily,plus still try to take care of my 7 yr old.Im very determined to make pumping work and so far so good.They are doing well,but wont be coming home until near the end of summer.(August)

Hi Lownthwaite,

How is your friend getting on? I wasn't shown how to express until 36 hours after the birth and I never really got much milk until day 9, and now just over a month on I have an oversupply problem!

I don't suppose you have any connection to fell ponies with a username like that?

Hi Lownthwaite,

How is your friend getting on? I wasn't shown how to express until 36 hours after the birth and I never really got much milk until day 9, and now just over a month on I have an oversupply problem!

I don't suppose you have any connection to fell ponies with a username like that?

She's doing great! LO was off the ventilator within 24 hours, she is now going 3 hourly between feeds and crying for food - the doctor said thats good as she recognises hunger, she just needs to gain some more weight and sort her feeding out and she can go home :happydance:

She has tried latching a few times but is struggling as LO's mouth is so small. My friend is very determined though. :thumbup:

Yea - I do have a connection :haha: I own a fell pony who is Lownthwaite in breeding. :flower: do you know about fells? x

That's fabulous news, your friend must be so excited about everything.

As for the horses, I used to have a share of 8 fell ponies and helped the owner to show them. Had to give them up due to work commitments, but they were fab horses. Still see them out and about at shows though.

That's fabulous news, your friend must be so excited about everything.

As for the horses, I used to have a share of 8 fell ponies and helped the owner to show them. Had to give them up due to work commitments, but they were fab horses. Still see them out and about at shows though.

Yeah, she's so happy :happydance:

Aww - I love my fell - he's a star 0 I showed for 8 years running before I got my BFP - he is on loan at the moment whilst I don't have the time or money with LO - but he's still competing in his loan home and doing really well :happydance:

Where they Lownthwaites that you had?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->