My Girls Are In Hospital UPDATE ~14

Anna1982

mummy of 4
Reaction score
well the title says it all
my beautiful girls are back in hospital being treated for jaundice
Im gutted
the midwife came yesterday and they had to go for a blood test for jaundice, the hospital rang about 7 and said they had to go in for treatment

so my husbands in there with them, because Im still getting over my section and Im no use at all, being seperate from them is killing me and I feel so hopeless

when they took them in they said overnight but I called to check on them this morning and the nurse is like oh it can be days so I just cried and hung up

I cant go days without them

does anyone have any experiance

hmm...my son had jaundice when he was born. They treated him in the special care nursery by using a special light for a few days. But then we were able to bring him home on a "bili-blanket" -a thing that plugs in and glows next to their skin that helps the body remove the bilirubin. Perhaps you could ask about bringing them home with something like that? Also sunlight works well too. Good luck, hope they come home soon!

Im gonna get there even if it kills me today!
I had a section and major surgery as it turned out I had a twisted ovarion cyst and a "mass" measuring 6 inches by 4 inches which had gangreane in it, so thats why Im worse than a normal section.

but they arnt keeping them away from me for days I cant take it

oh hun. i have no experience at all but we all know what your feeling. None of us would be able to go one day without opur babies, never mind many days. Hope they get better quickly and i hope you get there to see them without causing more harm to yourself. Take it slow. :hugs: x

right they have to stay, and they arnt saying how long, so ive packed mystuff up, and im going

treatment levals apparently 248 and holly is 258 where as lily is in the 300s! why the hell did they let us out of hospital two days ago! as they were the same color then
im so cross and worried

Fynn had jaundice while in NICU - he was under the lamp and had the face masks too. Have you seen the girls? The eye guards frightened me so wanted to mention that. It was only a day or two fynn was under the lamp though (he was in NiCU for three weeks with NEC though)

big big big hugs xxxxxxx

Sophie had jaundice when she was a couple of days old and spent a day under the lamp but that was all. She was in neonatal for 12 weeks so I know how awful it is to be apart from your baby (or babies, in your case) :( :hug:

My son was a 35 weeker and stayed in NICU for a week for jaundice, then got home and 2 days later went back in as his bili went up. He ended up staying for 2 nights then the consultant decided he didnt need treated anymore as the tests said it was physiological as in no cause.:wacko: I hope your girls get to come home soon, I know how tough it is to be away from your kids in hospital:hugs:

My daughter spend a week in hospital, 5 days in special care because of Jaundice. Her levels were way over the trasfusion rate. She was under tripple lights and had iv fluids as she was too sleepy to feed enough. Jaundice doesnt usualy show up untill 2 days old and their levels can jump up realy quickly. Niamh was fine on the morning, started to turn a funny colour at lunch time and by tea time her levels were sky high.

Janudice seams more severe than it acutualy is, by the pictures of my LO you would have thought there was something realy wrong with her but she was fine.

I was told its quite common for babys born around 35 weeks to get it quite badly but it soon goes, Im not sure when her levels went right down, she was born on the tuesday, got jaundice on the thursday and was put under the lights and on the iv, she was off the iv sunday, off the lights monday morning and were home monday night. We had to go back on wednesday to get her levels checked again and they said they had come down enough so there was no follow up.

If you want to know anything else feel free to ask me.

I hope you are re-united with your girls as we speak, you need to be with them, can totally understand that. Wishing you ALL a speedy 'recovery' and hope to hear you home soon. Big hugs x x

Alex was back in hospital at 4 days old and was in Monday came out Friday - he had to be put on oxygen and they'd ordered him a blood transfusion (which he thankfully didnt need) it was touch and go, but amazing just how quickly with the right treatment they can recover, they are in the best possible place. Thinking of you and your girls :hugs: xxx

hiya everyone sorry i havnt updated ive been snowed under lol
my girls had to stay in 2 nights so three days
they are thankfully at home now and fully recovered!

Thats fantastic news so pleased for you :) x

glad to hear they are back home where they belong with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->