My hair - is it too much?

greenbeans12

Reaction score
I have my hair done about every 2 months at the salon. I have a great hairdresser that does some awesome work and she knows what I like. I get a trim and color, I always switch it up. 3 days ago I got this color done. It's red with blonde highlights and black tips. I personally LOVE it and my OH does too. I've had a few people compliment me but since having my hair this color I get a lot of strange looks.

It's as if people are staring/gawking/looking at me as if I am a freak! So I wanted to know if this is too over the top or if it looks nice? I know it doesn't matter what anyone thinks but I am curious. I know my style is much different then most but I love embracing who I am through clothing and my hair, IYKWIM.

First pic - My hair straightened.

Second pic - My hair after a blow dry, you can't see the color the best but I only have 2 pics of myself since 3 days ago.

So tell me what you think.... :flower:

Attachments

• me2.jpg
    me2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 102
  • me1.jpg
    me1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 103
Can't really see the colour that well, but it looks fine to me :shrug:

I've had my hair all sorts of colours. I used to model for a hairdressers. I've black with purple streaks, black on top & bright red on the bottom, once it was black, blond, purple, red & auburn (sounds awful but it was really nice!). Mostly I got compliments, every now & again I got weird looks but I didn't really care, I liked it!

Can't really see the colour that well, but it looks fine to me :shrug:

I've had my hair all sorts of colours. I used to model for a hairdressers. I've black with purple streaks, black on top & bright red on the bottom, once it was black, blond, purple, red & auburn (sounds awful but it was really nice!). Mostly I got compliments, every now & again I got weird looks but I didn't really care, I liked it!

I know the color isn't the best on these pics. I will take a new pic tomorrow, I am trying to find my hair dressers facebook because she took pics of my hair for her portfolio. I am not on facebook so I am having a hard time finding her page. LOL

Where on earth do you live?! Your hair looks normal to me. Here in London people have their hair all kinds of colours and dip dyeing is really popular in the UK at the moment with various shades and colours.

Where on earth do you live?! Your hair looks normal to me. Here in London people have their hair all kinds of colours and dip dyeing is really popular in the UK at the moment with various shades and colours.

I am in the US, haha. I have seen people with some really funky colors here too but I just keep noticing I am getting all of these glares and stares. I feel like everyone is looking at me and I did not feel that way until after I had my hair done.

I am in the US, haha. I have seen people with some really funky colors here too but I just keep noticing I am getting all of these glares and stares. I feel like everyone is looking at me and I did not feel that way until after I had my hair done.

Maybe they like your hair:shrug:
I'm a hairdresser and long gone are the days of people giving me a style from a hair mag... I get photos of random strangers wanting it like theirs!!

Maybe they like your hair:shrug:
I'm a hairdresser and long gone are the days of people giving me a style from a hair mag... I get photos of random strangers wanting it like theirs!!

Haha that is so funny but I guess it's true. I have googled hair cuts before but I am not sure that is the same as taking a photo of a stranger's hair. :haha:

I like it! I personally think as long as you love it, don't worry about what others think! I've always wanted to go more bold but I've never had the guts to do it. The most drastic thing I did was go from a natural blonde to a redhead but then two months later dyed it back to my natural color, lol.

I cant see it hun, im also a hairdresser.. just because people stare doesn't mean they think its weird, they're properly admiring it!

It looks good! Doesn't look out of the ordinary maybe they just love the color :)

I cant see it hun, im also a hairdresser.. just because people stare doesn't mean they think its weird, they're properly admiring it!

You can't see the color? I am confused. :wacko: LOL
I can barely see the colour either from your photographs tbh. I think we need to see a better picture.

Although as an ex hairdresser and currently typing with red hair-dye stained hands, I'm all for rocking crazy hair :rofl:

It looks nice :) I have bright red hair and although a lot of people compliment me on it I also get people staring it makes me laugh though, as its nearly always older people I often see them nudging whoever their with and telling them to look at my hair haha! X

Here are better pics. :flower:

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 21
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 27
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 25
It looks nice :) I have bright red hair and although a lot of people compliment me on it I also get people staring it makes me laugh though, as its nearly always older people I often see them nudging whoever their with and telling them to look at my hair haha! X

wow wow wow your hair is gorgeous!! And it really suits you :flower:

OP, your hair looks fine, and not at all extreme :flower:

I think your hair looks really nice and no where near extreme or too much at all lol.

I actually really really love it! And you're very pretty too btw!

Where do you live?! Your hair looks totally normal to me!

I think it looks awesome! I would probably stare because I wish I had the guts to do something like that.:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->