My heart is broken in a million pieces...

GdaneMom4now

IVF/ICSI TWINS/PREG #3
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1684220354191.2083069.1498080002&l=fd396dd3ab Here they are..

I have a 2 year old fawn female great dane...and for our First anniversary we decided to get a black female great dane for our other dane and for us. We've had her for four weeks now and she is 12 weeks old. Shortly after we got her I noticed a hard lump under her eye. It kept getting bigger and so I took her to the vet and she said she'd feel better if it got x-rayed incase it was fractured and got an infection or a bone cyst...I thought my big dane did it because they play alot and she clocked her in the face with her tooth.

I took her in today and the vet brought me back. He said it was one of two things...both deadly if not treated right away. Odotoma...a tumor. or Dentigerous Cyst...both need expensive surgery, to which we cannot afford right now with my husbands medical bills and she has some other stomach issues that we were going back to the vet tomorrow for. I know for those of you that don't have pets you're like big deal, put her down. But we have gotten so attached, my dog, my husband and me. I've been crying my eyes out since I got the news and my husband was just holding me and we were both crying. She's such a fun loving amazing dog. So smart. We just don't want to see her suffer anymore...we haven't even been able to feed her dog food, just white rice with whatever is going on intestinally and she still has diahrrea and is extremely skinny. :cry:

I'm so heartbroken I don't want to do anything. The dogs are my babies. I obviously don't have kids...I don't know how people who lose kids do it. I wish we could just win the lottery and fix her. Or even find a great home who wants to fix her. We don't have any great dane rescues around here. I called the lady we got her from and she said she's never had any issues like this. She was going to call her vet and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I wish the money would just show up in thin air. I can't stop crying. Poor thing. Shes so much fun. We just love her so incredibly much....... :cry:

I'm so so sorry this is happening to you. We have a dog that we love so much, so although we haven't had to make this kind of hard decision with him, I can only imagine what you're going through.

Is there a way you can work out a payment plan to pay for a surgery overtime, rather than having to pay it all up front? Have you been a 'customer' of this vet office for awhile? Maybe it's something that they don't offer out right but would consider if you brought it up.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. My prayers will be with you guys!

I am so sorry to hear about this - your poor puppy! They're both so beautiful, thanks for sharing the photos. I will be praying for you and your family, hoping there's a way you can work out a payment plan or something. Is there any chance for assistance through a local group perhaps? <3

I'm so so sorry this is happening to you. We have a dog that we love so much, so although we haven't had to make this kind of hard decision with him, I can only imagine what you're going through.

Is there a way you can work out a payment plan to pay for a surgery overtime, rather than having to pay it all up front? Have you been a 'customer' of this vet office for awhile? Maybe it's something that they don't offer out right but would consider if you brought it up.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I agree see about a payment plan. Or would family be able to loan you the money? A great expense but I believe pets are worth it, especially since it's a puppy.
No matter what I hope it works out. My thoughts and prayers are with you

I am so sorry and I pray that things will work out for you. We have a "baby" dog - she's almost 6 and she is our love! I can only imagine how devastated I would be.......prayers to you!!!!!!!

So sorry Hun!!!!! keeping u and ur family in my thoughts and prayers <3

I'm so sorry. :hugs: That is heartbreaking. I'll pray that there will be some way to save your little one!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear your news!

I'm a dog lover myself, and find it so sad when something like this happens.

Be brave!! I know it's hard (my dad has to put my dog down when I was 16), but you don't want you dog to suffer either.

With the best will in the world, I wish you and your dog very good luck for the forthcoming days/weeks.
Hoping your dog has a safe, long and happy life with you and your family.

This is so upsetting, i bet your heart is just breaking. Surely the vet would see about a payment plan. If they care for animals why let one go unnecessarily. I really hope so anyway. You and you're puppy are in my thoughts xx

This is so sad :hugs: Did you get her from a breeder, if so, are you still in touch with them as they may be able to offer some sort of help, one way or another... I breed dogs and whenever a health problem has cropped up that would have been congenital (present from birth) or something that has come up so close to leaving for it's new home, I always offer some financial help or offer to take the puppy back (if the owner is happy with that) and offer a replacement. 4 weeks is no time at all and if it's a good breeder, I would feel sure they would help somehow.... xxx

:hugs:

What about speaking to the PDSA, im sure they only take a fee for sick animals, dont think it would be as much as your vet..... just an idea....
:cry:
xxx

There different type of assistance u just have to find it. Call other vets. Shelters also and ask. They also have pet health insurance. I have pets too and would die for them. So my heart us with u.

I was so sad to hear your news. We had the same dilemma, we had a puppy who developed kidney failure. She was only 12 weeks old. She battled on but in the end we decided that for her it was best to let go.she was always so happy and it still breaks my heart nearly 6 years on that I couldn't help her. I hope your story has a happier ending, good luck x

There different type of assistance u just have to find it. Call other vets. Shelters also and ask. They also have pet health insurance. I have pets too and would die for them. So my heart us with u.

I've tried calling shelters but they're closed for few more hours...and the vet said the surgery needs to be done by a vet with dental experience, and he's the only one within a four hour radius. Its not only expensive, but it's a risky surgery, a facial nerve and a big blood vessel goes right across where her lump is. both things it could be spread quickly and grow even faster destroying everything in its path. Do we put her through risky surgery or just let her play in doggie heaven?

Hi so so so sorry to hear such sad news. we have 5 dogs and they are our life as well as our little boy. We had a similar issue with our first he had a very expensive kidney problem and had to have one removed, I would of moved the earth to get him the surgery he needed, but thankfully we had insurance but I have heard of people putting a plee in the paper for donations and it worked they got the money they needed. Part of me says dont give up trying and then you can live with yourself if you have to say goodbye. :hugs: wishing lots of luck.

I've tried calling shelters but they're closed for few more hours...and the vet said the surgery needs to be done by a vet with dental experience, and he's the only one within a four hour radius. Its not only expensive, but it's a risky surgery, a facial nerve and a big blood vessel goes right across where her lump is. both things it could be spread quickly and grow even faster destroying everything in its path. Do we put her through risky surgery or just let her play in doggie heaven?

It's so hard to make that choice and know what's right. If you can't afford it and it's high risk then maybe it is the right choice to let her go. I have 2 dogs that are my babies and I would do what I could for them but risking their lives and racking up huge bills doesn't help my family.
Whatever you decide will be the right choice. Good luck and I am so sorry.

I'm so sorry! I know how you feel. I have 2 Chihuahua puppies that are pretty much my world. I just had to drop $350 on my tiny one because she got really sick, we still aren't sure what it was. My step mom was able to put it on her Care credit card for me, and I am making payments to her. Could you maybe apply for a Care card? I agree, it would be worth it since she is a puppy. It does really suck when furbabies are sick.. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->