my homebirth story!

smam

Reaction score
:happydance::happydance::happydance:Hi All

Well, where do I start?!?!?!

I had my first contractions about half 9pm on tuesday 7/12/10 after my dad had said little man had 24 hours to vacate the premises as he had to go to Stockholm on business. I was contracting all over the place til 7am (8/12) when I was bullied into phoning the MW by my mum. I was booked in for a homebirth and cos my parents were visiting from Spain, I didn't want the MW to be hanging around when not alot was happening.... The MW arrived at half 8, I sent my partner to work saying that I'd call if anything major was happening as I had a very long latent labour with my DD. Well by 9am when the 2nd MW arrived I was 5cms and coping with just breathing and a hot water bottle. I put the shower curtain down on the bed, text my Best friend who was going to be my Birthing Partner if the OH couldn't do it then rang OH saying I was half way there.

The MW's asked if I minded their students being there and I agreed so I had 4 MW's, my oh, my best friend, mum, sister and grandparents all in the house lol! At about 11 they asked to examine me again but I wanted a shower first as I was really hot. Got changed into an old nightie which was an Ann Summers one lol and laid down. She checked me and accidently popped my waters, I was 8 cm! I didn't get off the bed after than and after a few massive pushes with g & a Dylan exploded into the world at 12.10pm weighing 6lb 11oz! I honestly couldn't use a different word than that. Daddy was there with tears in his eyes and cut the cord :happydance:

He was a little cold so they took the shower curtain off the bed, put a new pad underneath me and tucked us into bed. Everone was let in and it was wonderful! my parents picked my little girl up from school and she came straight into bed too which was the best experience! I had a first degree tear but they decided against stitching. D had a good feed an snuggled off to sleep.

Everything was soo relaxed and different from my first hospital birth and i can hand on heart say i would do it all over again in an instant. Hes now 8 days old and very laid back although i am now bottle feeding as he was too lazy to latch on, his blood sugars dropped and scared the life out of me... i feel alot more happy with knowing how much he is getting and that I can share the bonding with everone else in my close family.

I don't feel like I had a baby just over a week ago, I feel really well, no pains any more and minimal bleeding now. Sorry to gush sooo much but I had such an amazing Birth experience this time and the MWS were wonderful and it was one of the students first homebirth, which she said made her actually want kids and have them at home as everything went soo well! I'm glad I took the decision to have a HB!

thanks for reading my bs, sorry its long and I can't add pics!

Sam n Dylan

What a great birth story. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations xx

How wonderful - thanks for sharing!

Awee what a great birth story.. ahh I so wish I was able to havea home birth. I would be more content and relaxed in my own house.! congrats on the little boy xo

That is truely wonderful Smam!!! Thank you so much for sharing. Isn't it great to just snuggle up in bed after?!:happydance:

I had allot of comments planning my first birth for home. Things like, "oh your brave" etc, but what I think is really amazing is to go for a homebirth after a hospital experiance. As the first time round you really don't know what to expect - so in a way it is easier, if you know what I'm on about>?

So a huge congratulations and what a brilliant achievement. You must be so proud of your postive birth experience! xXx :hugs:

WOW - sounded like you took it all in your stride !

Congratulations :flower:

Thanks everyone!

Yes it was wonderful to have the birth I wanted. I had in the back of my mind that I would end up having him at the hospital even up to when my waters broke. I felt so much more relaxed and comfortable than when I had my daughter and managed the pain better. It was lovely to have my grandparents, mum, sister and best friend there too.

Dylan is 10 days old now, we have been signed off by the MW and he's put on over half a pound since birth. Hes a very contented baby and only wakes up for feeds in the night, I think that having him at home has made a massive difference to him too. x

Congratulations. Beautiful and inspirational story!

xx

Thanks for sharing....why do you think some MW discourage home birthing with first babies? Would you have been as happy having your little girl at home first time round? Sorry to be nosey - looking for some reassurance with my first child and home birth really!

Thanks for sharing....why do you think some MW discourage home birthing with first babies? Would you have been as happy having your little girl at home first time round? Sorry to be nosey - looking for some reassurance with my first child and home birth really!

Hiya,

I was 19 with my first and just followed the whole, its safer to have babies in hospital. I laboured at home for 19 hours, did lots of walking, tidying and countless trips across the landing, I even went with my friend to the kebab shop to get her chips and was having contractions holding on to the counter! I went to the hosp to get checked as I had a bloody show and thought things must be progressing but I was sent home an hour later, went and had a bath, contractions sped up and my waters broke there. I wanted to just have her at home after that but wasn't confident enough to push for it so my mum called an ambulance and the ward to transfer me. I really wished I had thought harder about a HB then...... although I had a pretty natural and straightforward birth with her I found the whole experience very stressful and it affected my relationship with her, you also (imo) get much better care and monitoring at home as you are the MWS only patient whereas on the ward you could be sharing her with a couple of other women.

The MW this time round asked me at my booking if I wanted a HB and thought YES!!! the MW team round my way seem to want more homebirths especially for low risk pregnancies so yeah, if you feel thats what you want, go for it. I read up about a lot of homebirth stories on here and googled it. As long as your prepared and MW's are happy with your health then there is nothing better :flower: HTH x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->