My illustration project for my little girl - Holly's story

Silverwing

Reaction score
Just after my little girl Holly was born I decided that I wanted to do a project that she would enjoy when she grew up. The only skill I really have is in illustration and I wanted to do something fun and that would stretch my skills as an artist.

I thought that doing a sketch for every stage of my little girls development would be a great way to do something unique to her that she can enjoy when she grows up. To make it even more fun, I thought I could make each stage a different fantasy character.

So 6 weeks after she was born I began my first sketch for this project of my little girl as a flower fairy. (see attached).

Now my little girl is nearly 8 months old and can sit up and is starting to make crawling gestures. I thought she looked really pretty and a bit haughty whilst sat holding her stuffed unicorn so I have started and nearly finished an illustration of her as a Princess. I'm writing a blog about creating these illustrations and you can find my work in progress on my Princess illustration here: https://rustedsilver.tumblr.com/

All my work is done in biro and pencil crayons.

I'd love to hear any thoughts about my work so far and if anyone has any suggestions for her next development drawing I'd love to hear them! At the moment I think my next illustration will be of my daughter as a pirate but if someone suggests something better I'm all ears!

Attachments

• HollyFairyPencil.jpg
    HollyFairyPencil.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back