My interesting question of the day!

hollyw79

Reaction score
How many more children does everyone want to have?? How many do you have already?? The reason I ask is that I have an 8 year old son from a prev. marriage and I want to ideally have 2 more (3 if I am blessed financially!) so.. after going through a miscarriage and also just difficulty TTC in general.. I told my DH that I don't want to avoid it happening again and going on birth control to space out our 3rd child even if it means we have them close together. For those of you who DO want more children~ do you plan on going on birth control of some sort after you are successful with your next pregnancy? Or are you basically going to throw caution to the wind and let whatever happen, happen?

I'd love to have 2 more (for a total of 4) but DH is done at 3. Then it will be time for me to trade up for a younger model. JK!!! The last time I was on BC was before #1 was born. I was using nuvaring back then. We have never really tried to conceive, just used condoms on a semi-regular basis, or timing it so pregnancy did not happen. Both of our kids were "surprises". The first time, we were both shocked. The 2nd time, I was trying to time it to avoid pregnancy and got caught because I have a longer than average cycle. So he was trying for #2 and wondering what was wrong with his little swimmers. I think after #3 he has talked about getting a little snip-snip. Better him than me! :)

I have no children yet. After the misc and the fact it took 5 months to get the first bfp I am totally against ever preventing again! Having a baby is such a precious thing and I will never take it for granted. So I will be letting nature take it's course and I hope DH will feel the same.

As for how many. I would love to have a big family of 4-5 but realistically I would be over the moon with 2-3. Please god I won't have trouble carrying the nest one to term- or conceiving again for that matter.

I would like two. Not sure about the birth control thing as I haven't even thought that far ahead. At the moment just focusing on having number one. Bring on the BFP and a sticky bean!!

:dust:

I would like 2 (have none) and I'm with most of the ladies I don't want to really use bc until I'm happy my family is done!! I would love 18 months between them!!!

I have no children (2 angel babies), OH has a gorgeous 7 year old from a previous relationship. He wants 2 more kids, i want 2 or 3 definately. Won't be using protection between them, always wanted 2 under 2! xx

I'm glad i'm not in the same boat... I just think it would be downright silly to try and prevent it after this whole mess! I secretly want a total of 4.. I was one of 4 girls growing up and I am SOOO thankful to be part of a larger family and I want the same for my kids!

I'm glad i'm not in the same boat... I just think it would be downright silly to try and prevent it after this whole mess! I secretly want a total of 4.. I was one of 4 girls growing up and I am SOOO thankful to be part of a larger family and I want the same for my kids!

Wow, 4 girls! I only have one sibling, a brother younger than me. I wish we were closer, but he lives in FL and so we don't see each other that often. DH has two brothers. A whole family of boys, even cousins, so I think we'll be lucky if we get a girl. I wanted my kids to be able to be there for each other when me and DH are gone. Maybe once #3 is here, he'll realize that 4 will be just as easy (hard). :haha:

But I'm just going to expect that we'll be done at 3 and stop putting energy into trying to convince him otherwise. We've already started soccer and activities so there is no time to be bored around here! DS starts kindergarten in the fall. Everything happens so fast!

LittleBird~ that's for sure. I already feel crazy busy with work, going back to school, and ONE child! But I want more! :) I agree, I want my son to have other people to lean on. It's the BEST having sisters/brothers. That is how I sorta see going onto #4... I totally will have to coax my DH into that one :haha: He's saying no right now... 3 total is his max.. but hey, what's one more??!?!?! I'm already trying to implant the idea in his head now so a few years from now.. he will have been used to it! :rofl:

I completely agree. What is the difference between 3 and 4? I heard that the hardest was 1 to 2, after that it's not a big difference. If you can convince him, more power to you! :)

Still trying for my first but definitely don't want just one. I'm one of 3/4 and my hubby is one of 3 so we'll probably go for 3.
Because I'm nearly 32 now I don't think we'll try and wait in between children.

I want 4. I have one wonderful daughter and would love to have a large (ish) family. I am youngest of 3 girls but have a big gap between me and my nearest sister (8 1/2 years). I'd like to have my kids closer together than that! We'll probably use condoms until next one is 1 and then what will be will be, same after that one!!
Having the mc has shown me that you can't really plan the gap between your kids that accurately though!

I have two boys 9 and 2, dying for my little princess, hoping for 1 or 2 more depending on finances.

I don't have any yet, for sure yearning for baby #1 and as weird as it may sound, I am already craving for baby #2...if my body allows, we may actively start trying 6-8 months after the first baby is born...would love to have baby #2 before my first one turn 3. Two is all we want :) I hope it's a boy and a girl :)

I would like 3 or 4 as well.... I dont have any of my own children. I have a 3 year old stepdaughter. who I love w/ all my heart! but would like to have a large family as well.. My husband has a younger sister who is 12 yrs apart and I have an older brother who is 4 years older than me... My husbands dad has 10 brothers and sisters so my husband wants lots of children! Cant wait to conceive a precious lil healthy baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->