My last night out - am I mad?!?

Annie77

Cautiously expecting
Reaction score
Well, through this pregnancy I have been really disappointed by my friends not asking me to go out with them a weekends etc - like I am too boring now that I am pregnant.My husband and I have been out a couple of times but normally it is to the cinema or to friends houses.

Tonight though - he has been asked to fill in for a drummer in his friends band. My hubby is a fantastic drummer but needed to stop playing gigs due to neuropathy in his arms. He was so keen to do it I encouraged him to take the gig and just pray I don't go into labour. I am going into hospital on Monday for a section.

He is really chuffed that I am wanting to go along and then he dropped the bombshell - the bands slot is 12.45 to 2.45am! I had booked babysitter and planned my outfit so am being stubborn and insisting on going anyway. My mum thinks I am mad for going to a gig 2 nights before my section & she doesn't even know it is so late in the evening.

I am going for a bath now and then will try to grab a couple of hours sleep or rest before he comes to collect me at 11pm (he is at another gig with friends first). I just hope I am still feeling up to it by then :thumbup:

Be honest - am I mad??? What would you do?

Go ce joy it. It's your last time before baby.

haha, yes, i think you are completely mad! :haha:
But hey, if you feel up to it, why not?! And if you have no plans tomorrow and can lounge in bed, even better! :thumbup:
Last time you'll be out at that time for a while, you may well be up at that time quite a lot in the coming weeks though... this is just a practise run!
:flower:

Id try to go as well. Its not like your going the night before LOL

I would go for it! Sounds like a blast and you are preparing ahead of time by getting rest. If you still feel up for it as it gets later I'd do it :D

Go for it! And if it gets too much then get a taxi home :)

deffo go if ur up to it!!!!! ENJOY :)

have a fab time!
but yes you are crazy :haha:
I like it though xx

Yeah I'm sitting here with make up on, Rolling Stones tshirt pulled over my huge bump and drinking a glass of alcohol free wine :)
Please waters - dont break til at least 2.30am!!!!

I would definitely go if you are feeling up to it :) Why not? I was out all the time before our 1st came :) It feels good to be social. We're pregnant...not dead lol.

How did the night go? I hope it was a fun night!!!

I had such a great time. The place was soooo busy but I flashed the bump at a group of tourists and they gave me a seat at their table. There weren't other wives or girlfriends there but one of my husbands friends ran to the bar for water and coke for me! The loo was at other side of the dance floor and quite frankly the dance floor looked like a mosh pit so I held it in until the set finished.
I had a couple of people ask when baby was due and when I said tomorrow they were like 'what!'. Got into bed at 4am so just chilling this morning before we take older girls out for pizza and cinema ahead of tomorrow.
24 hours from now I should be heading tk theatre!!!!

Good luck tomorrow!! Glad you had a good night, and I totally understand why you went!
My due date is Wednesday and I was out last night too for around 7 hours, for one of my best friends birthday.
Had a great night, was lovely everyone wishing me luck and nice to hear people say I was looking great etc!
You must've been so tired though getting home at 4, I was home much earlier, couldn't hack the pace sober!!;)

I'm a natural night owl so, as long as I am enjoying myself, 4am is easy. That said it would have been harder had I drank more coke or had to get up early with other kids.

Housework now done (the chilling bit didn't last) and all ready to go out for dinner with my girls and hubby.

I'd think u were mad if u didn't go! Enjoy it it's not Gona happen often, u can always come home! x

DS1 was due 2nd sept... I was out clubbing on the 1st for my birthday.

Clubbing! It was my 20th bday and i was not stopping for anyone

As long as u feel ok then go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->