my little angel

mum2eliza

Reaction score
hi my name is gemma im new to this website ,
i recently gave birth to our baby girl eliza-rose she was born at 29 weeks 2days .she has been in nicu from the moment she was born within a couple of days she is breathing on her own and has moved scbu weighing 3lbs when she was born she is very small ,im only 22 myself and finding it all so hard she has jaundice at the mo and they have stopped her feeds due to asprits ..

can anyone help me or give me advice if you have been where i am now i just want to make my baby strong and have her home xx

:hugs:
I was 22 when I had my first baby, a little girl, at 27+4. I was also an ex-29 weeker myself :)

Alex is 2 now and i have recently just had a full term baby too. Certainly not what I expected!

It's really impressive that she's breathing on her own - this is fab!
The SCBU journey is a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs.
Stay strong! Be kind to yourself and make sure you eat well.
Do try to get involved in as much as possible, nappy changes etc.
It sounds like she is doing fabulously and fingers crossed she will be home by her due date.

Congratulations on Eliza-Rose. You are very much welcome here, and we can support you whenever you need!

thank you so much for replying ....i just have so much love for her and yet feel so helpless to her .... she is only 5 days old so its still all so much to take in . x

The nurses will generally let you participate all you can, and you will take on more responsibility as she grows. There will come a point when you can dress her yourself, take her out the cot/incubator whenever you wish - and it's not going to be that far away!

You can also take in books and read stories to her (my poor Alex got the life and times of Michael Jackson :rofl:) and get some little clothes for her too for when shes ready to get dressed.

:hugs:

she has so many clothes but they still hang off her and they are bliss premmie ,i have kangroo with her twice since been born and her daddy changed her 1st nappie . x

Welcome and congratulations.

I can't give any advice about being young and going through it, but I'm an oldie and found it hard, I can't imagine having done it at 22.

Atomic has given good advice. I would certainly say taking care of you is paramount.

It sounds like LO is doing well. The first week or two is the hardest, it does get easier.

The other thing I would say is, don't feel there is a right way or a wrong way to get through this, to feel, to do. Pretty much any emotion you feel will be have felt by any one of us at any time. If you feel helpless, that's ok. If you don't, that's ok too. If you want to go every day, all day, that's fine but less frequent visits are fine too.

Accept any help that is offered, but also don't let your family overwhelm you or make demands of you at this time. If you need time and space, take it.

Keep us in touch and we will help in any way we can.

Not sure where you are but there may be. a Bliss support group in your area. There is a website at www.bliss.org.uk full of helpful stuff, also look out for Bliss posters and booklets too.

Just wanted to say congratulations on Eliza Rose, I can't really hand any advice over for that gestation or age but people with experience of being a young mum to a preemie or that gestation have and will post advice.

The only bit of advice i would give would be to take it day by day, if you look too much into the future you will only upset yourself and thats the last thing you need. Although it might seem so far away the day when you can take your baby home will come. In the meantime have trust in the doctors and the nurses, they are absolute angels and know how to help your baby.

The main thing is to look after yourself.

Congrats Hun, my little girl was born 18 weeks ago at 28+6 weighing 1lb 8.5oz. And she has done amazingly well. She was in nnu till 37weeks gest and came home weighing 3lb 10oz.

I didn't get a hold till day 11 so Ur little girl must be doing very well.
Hope she continues to get bigger and stronger.

congratulations indeed! and welcome to the best bunch of bnb :haha: don`t hesitate to ask anything, the moms (and dads!) here are wonderful, caring people.

Congratulations on your little girl. I was (and am) 21 when I had my 27 weeker. SOunds like Eliza is doing great, to be breathing on her own already is amazing. I got my first cddel when Amelia was a week old, the best moment of my life!

Stick around we are all happy to help wherever wecan, wether thats answering a question or sending a hug x

congratulations indeed! and welcome to the best bunch of bnb :haha: don`t hesitate to ask anything, the moms (and dads!) here are wonderful, caring people.

:rofl: we are, aren't we. Our little corner is definitely the best!!:happydance: So good that two and a half years on, I don't want to leave!

:rofl: we are, aren't we. Our little corner is definitely the best!!:happydance: So good that two and a half years on, I don't want to leave!

Yeah I know exactly what you mean... My son has been discharged for a year, is doing generally well, and I still come here every day. Hard habit to kick:haha: but the people here are so nice, and their words helped me through tough times so I try to return the favor to new parents. I`ve become attached, even if only via obscure web names :happydance:

hey girls , is it common for bubs to have high gulcose level ....not well my self so i can not go and see eliza but phone every few hours docters are running test and ask me to call bk if she has infection ...what do i do ???? has anyone been in this situation

hey ladies its been three weeks now and eliza has been moved to scbu after spending one night in nicu ....she started off having a bit of feeding prob known as asprits but that has calm down is now on 11mls of milk per hour ,she breaths on her own but for the past couple of days she has been having desats (pauses when breathing) which is common but they have been dropping to 50 n below and has been rubbed to wake up again twice its very scary as im there when she does it and holding her. it could be apena but was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on this or has gone through the same thing docters are running full set of bloods to see if infection is brewing but apart from that she looks well ,she feeding ect .:help:

Congratulations! I was 17 when my LO was born at 29 weeks :) it sounds like shes doing really well :) just hang on in there i know its tough but its so worth it when they get home. If you need any help feel free to PM me :) xx

i had my little boy at 25+6 and im only 23 myself, it is incredibly scary, but you learn to cope and be there for ur little precious bundle. Fab she is breathing on her own. Reece only needed ventillated for 12 hrs after he was born then was on cpap til he came home, still having oxygen right now tho, getting there tho. xx

My little girl still has apnoea occasionally now. She was sent home with a montior x

hey ladies its been three weeks now and eliza has been moved to scbu after spending one night in nicu ....she started off having a bit of feeding prob known as asprits but that has calm down is now on 11mls of milk per hour ,she breaths on her own but for the past couple of days she has been having desats (pauses when breathing) which is common but they have been dropping to 50 n below and has been rubbed to wake up again twice its very scary as im there when she does it and holding her. it could be apena but was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on this or has gone through the same thing docters are running full set of bloods to see if infection is brewing but apart from that she looks well ,she feeding ect .:help:

It is very scary, but just keep remembering, she is in the right place, being well taken care of and all the monitors are there to make sure it is picked up. If there is a problem they will catch it early and start treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->