My Little Girl is here... Birth Story and Pic

Jodiash

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Hope your all ok..My little Evie is here after a long hard labour...I wanted to share the story with you! Ill be on here again soon when I have some more time....

:flower:

Jodi

Quick Birth Story:

3.30am Tues 23rd August I awoke with a need to pee quite badly followed by a pain like period pains...then came the plug yukky! I had an hospital appointment later where he done a sweep and said I was 2cm dilated, you have to get to 10cm before you can give birth. He booked me in for induction Thurs if i hadn't given birth by then....

All day long on the Tues i was getting cramps they were irregular at first so managed to walk dogs with OH and get comfy, had a bit of a show and the cramps started getting worse. By 6pmISH they got bad but I ran a bath and they settled, the moment I got out bang, really sharp in my back very painful, I thought this could be it and was praying after being 10 days overdue! I managed to walk dogs with OH again in evening and I started to feel quite ill...i wasn't scared and felt a calm come over me.

It went on during the eve and we called hospital to explain, she said sounds likes you are in early labour and to get bags packed in car and when the pain becomes 5 mins apart lasting 40 secs to come on down to the suite. Well they got worse in my back and i could hardly walk. At around 10pm ish we got in car, called my sis too and went into hospital where my birth plan went out the window (as usual). I got to go to dolphin suite where i went in the birthing pool...lets put it this way the pain was electrifying, had a lovely midwife whom said let me check to see how far you are... checked me I was 6cm dilated.. we were all in shock I cried, I had done well so far! She said to carry on with the way it was going and we would have a baby in the next few hours, i coped well up until 8cm and had gas and air that was funny..I laughed and talked about cider??? I was having a reallly bad back labour...

She did another examination and broke my waters...I didn't get the urge to push and by this point knew i had had enough, she rushed to see doctor who gave me 2 spinals blocks, i tried pushing for another 2 and half hours....she didn't want to come she had turned transverse...(lying sideways) and it was getting dangerous...then they said we will get you into theatre but only my OH will be allowed in! I was whisked off there where they gave me an epidural and i couldnt feel my legs...they cut me from bum to minnie and inserted a ventouse and tried to suck her out... then forceps i had to try and push and after a few attemps and a lot of blood...9.05AM Wed 24th My little Evie Hope was born:baby:, i cried my eyes out with joy! When my sis saw her she cried too... so did matt (OH)... It was the best moment of our lives[/ATTACH]....

Now we are doing well i am on iron tablets for a month as lost too much blood...but its all worth it...she is brilliant and has a funny cry she cries then grunts....

Good luck girls

Love Jodi xx

Attachments

• 26082011989.jpg
    26082011989.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 28082011992.jpg
    28082011992.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 118
Wow, glad you are all okay! Congratulations!!!

its great to hear that both of you are doing good. congrats hun she is very pretty. cant wait to share my story when the time comes.

Wow your baby girl is stunning!! Hope my Evie is just as beautiful!!! Congrats Hun and well done!!! Xx

Thank you all so much I am on top of the world right now but very tired...good luck to all of you...please keep me updated about the rest of your journeys and thank you for being my support network!! xxxx

Congratulations jodi she is stunning!!

Bet your so proud xx

Welcome to the world little baby Evie Hope :cloud9:

Congrats on your gorgeous little girl, had to cross my legs when i read the part where they had to cut you ouch! hope everything heals very soon for you x

Well done and congratulations!!! x

Congratulations, your little princess is so beautiful! Wishing you a quick recovery too :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->