My little Logan born 16-10-09

Anababe

Reaction score
Well im a little late announcing this lol he's a week old tomorrow, but just been so busy!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes i'm doing this on my phone and its hardwork lol

I went to bed on thursday night (15th) as usual, no signs of labour or anything. After being told the day before I wasn't dilated or effaced at all, I wasn't expecting him to arrive anytime soon!

I was woken up at 12:34 with a strong pain and tightening. The pain was coming from the back round to the front and was quite sharp so I assumed it was constipation pains as i'd had similar before.. I got another one at 12:54 and noticed I was bleeding when I went to the toilet, It was just blood no discharge or anything so I rang my dad who got out of bed and started searching google :dohh: bless him! Whilst on the phone I got another pain at 1:04 and more blood this time very mucousy so I knew then it was my show.

I left it a bit and got another one at 24, 34 and 54 mins past one.. I think I realised then I was in labour :rofl: so I phoned hospital to tell them I was having a home birth and having 10minute contractions. She told me have a bath take painkillers etc.. And to call back in an hour, as the labour with my son was very quick.

The contractions were getting quite painful and soon got to 6mins, I changed my mind about a home birth at this point, not really sure why. I got my stuff together and waited for my dad to come up for my son. We decided it would be best if I went to his house for a bit then to hospital from there.

I wanted to do as long as I could at home, I hate hospitals. By 4am contracting every 5 mins, so my other birth partner came over, pains were getting pretty intense but I stil wanted to stay home.

They got to every 3-4 mins by 5am and my dad phoned delivery suite, they wanted me to go in but I said I wanted give it another half hour lol

My dad nipped round to my grandmas as she hadn't been well and noone could get hold of her.. Another story that lol but within 10mins my contractions had gone to every 2mins and I was crying the pains were so strong, typical when my dad had gone out!he came back and Realising we'd left it a little late we had to phone an ambulance. Seemed to take ages for it to come but finally arrived and got me to hospital.

I went onto the new birthing suite thats been built at our hospital, was lovely, your own room with bath and shower, bed was behind wardrobes so looked like a bedroom, and there was a couch type thing with beanbag to lie back on. Was all so cosy and relaxing.

Midwife was so nice, nothing like last time. She checked me and I was pleased to hear I was 7cm :D it was all pretty straight forward from there, I got a new midwife as they changed shifts. Contractions were a min apart and extremely painful. I had to give in and start on gas and air. So I just stayed there with my gas leaning on my ball lol about half hour later I started to feel pressure so midwife got me in to position for delivering. She checked me and my cervix was very low now but stil only 8cm. She said I had about 30-40mins left.

By then I was in agony and the peak of the contractions were so painful Everyone was trying to get me have pethedine, I was in tears as I didn't want it to effect baby but couldn't cope with the pain. So midwife said she could give me half a dose and baby would be fine.

It did help a little but in no time at all I needed to push. I was just going with body until we heard logan's heartrate drop. I dont remember everything clearly, I just remember midwife saying I had to move onto my back and me saying no it was hurting too much. She said they needed to get him out and next minute 2 of them had turned me and pulled off my sheet. I told my dad to go out but he knew i'd want him back so he just hid round the corner hehe I was actively pushing then and god I have never felt pain like it, I thought I was gonna die LOL

Once his head was out I could feel the midwife pulling him everytime I pushed!

It took 7mins from then and Logan was born at 9:42am weighing 8lb3oz :cloud9:

Here he is anyway.. :)

Attachments

• DSC00302.jpg
    DSC00302.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00328.jpg
    DSC00328.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00348.jpg
    DSC00348.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00355.JPG
    DSC00355.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 44
gorgeous! Look at those big eyes in the last picture x

Congrats darl! He's beautiful!

Congratulations Anababe he is beautiful!! Please send me some of your out of the blue labour starting vibes please,....I'm still here waiting for something to start!!! xxx

Thanks everyone :hugs:

Aww helz, sending you loads of labour :dust: hope something happens for you soon hun :hugs:

Cant believe my little man is a week old already! :D:cry:

xx

Congratulations on your new arrival of your son Logan! You had him a day after I had my son! He looks so lovely!!! xxxx

Congratulations - what gorgeous photos!

Congrats hunni again

Logan is too cute - hope your ok.

:hugs::hugs:

a week old aready wow :shock:

Congrats hunni ... (just found your story now!) ... Logan is sooo adorable!!

Well done you on your birth journey!! You were amazing!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"