My Little Man & Me

lil_angel

Reaction score
My Birth Story...

29th July 2010
Baby was due on 26th July, as of yet no sign of baby coming! Had my last midwfie appointment on 29th July, at my appointment my midwife asked if baby was moving much, he hadnt been moving much for the last couple of days, only moved about 4 or 5 times a day, i wasnt worried as i thought the baby calmed down towards the end, but the midwife said that baby should be moving at least 10 times a day, so she decided to send me in to hospital to get baby checked to make sure everything was ok. After a long wait at the hospital, i was put on a heart monitor machine and everything was fine. The midwfie came back in and said i needed to stay in hospital now as they are going to induce me on 31st July, because the baby wasnt moving much and i was already 3 days overdue they said it was time for baby to come out now. It came as abit of a shock to me, as i didnt expect her to say that! I was happy tho as i knew i would get to see my little baby soon!

31st July 2010
So i got moved to the ward to wait till sat to be induced. Sat came and i waited all day to be taken up to the delivery ward. Was told i would go up at 8am but didnt actually get taken up till 7pm. So by the time i got there i got 1 prostin, but because it was 7pm and wouldnt be examined again for another 6 hours, i was told to just go to sleep, hoping that things would start happening in the night.

1st August
Well nothing happened in the night. I got woke up at 5.30am to be examined and i was only 1cm. So had another prostin and that didnt work either, so 6 hours later i had another prostin and told to work around to get things going....this time things started happening, i was getting lots of little tightnings, then very quikly they became painfull. The midwife gave me 2 paracetamol for the pain which did absolutly nothing!! Around about 8pm i felt the urge to push. The midwives didnt believe i was that far along and wouldnt examine me. I told them i needed to push and they finally examined me and i was 7cm. I got rushed down to delivery suite where i had my little boy at 10:32pm with just gas and air! He weighed 8lb 4oz and we called him kylan he's the best thing thats ever happened to be......but i wouldnt rush to rush to give birth again...after all that pain and the horrible midwives in hospital!

Well my little man is 6 weeks old already!! I cant believe how time flys when they are here! He is just started smilling and making little coo'ing noises...so cute!! He is a really hungry baby...loves his milk. Ive had to put him on the hungry baby milk as he just wanted more and more!

Anyway hope didnt bore you too much with my story!! Thanks for reading!!

Lil xx

Attachments

• Little Man.jpg
    Little Man.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 121
Congrats on your little boy he's adorable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads