my little man

diz

Reaction score
My beautiful boy has arrived!!!!!!!!

I wasn't feeling right when i woke up on Wednesday morning. I had been having period pains in the night, and was generally restless. I told my OH to go to work as this was the third or so time in 10 days i had felt this way.

At 12.00 my midwife came to see me at at home to take my blood pressure as it had started to creep up over the past three weeks. At my previous appointment i had blood work done to check for pre-eclampsia, which came back negative.

The midwife confirmed that this could be the start of something and get some rest. She phoned me at 2.30 to ask me to come into the community hospital to be oked by a Dr for my home birth. A protocal becuse of the previos bloods which had been taken.

Matt came home from work and we went to the hospital, where my home birth was confirmed and an internal showed i was 3cm dilated.

Matt and i returned home, and started to to top up the birth pool. The contractions started to get stronger and at 6.30 Matt called the midwife and i got into the pool.

The midwife arrived at 7.30, and at 8.30 the second midwife arrived as my labour was progressing quickly.

I remained in the pool, there was soft lighting and music playing - every thing was very calm and peaceful, and i was able to breath and moan through the contractions with out the aid of pain relief. At 10.00pm i was fully dilated, and i felt the need to push, however, and this is going to sound really silly to most of you, i resisted the urge as i did not think i had been through transition, and did not want to do any damage to my cervix. Because i was 'so in the moment' with the labour i could not communicate this to Matt or the midwifes, so i just stayed in the pool, breathing through the contractions and the urges to push. At 11 ish my membranes had started to make it down the birth canal and and my midwife suggested i try another position to tray and get the baby out.

This is when it suddenly dawned on me that i had in fact been fully dilated, and ready to push for quite some time Unfortunately it took me quite a while to get to grips with how to push, and was asked to leave the pool to try some different birthing techniques to get the baby out.

Both midwifes were concerned that the allotted 2 hours of active pushing was running out for me, and that if i had not given birth by 12.00 then i would have to transfer to hospital. A protocol they have to adhere too

At 11.50, an ambulance was called to take me in. At this stage, i had suddenly got the hang of things however my contractions were getting further apart. The ambulance arrived, and was haled in and made to lay down on the stretcher ....... good god, not a good position!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember thinking, the baby is not going to make it to hospital, and sure enough, 5 minutes down the road, the ambulance had to pull into a lay-by, Matt was rushed into the back of it and with the next contraction my babys his head crowned, and was born !!!!!!!!

The paramedics were elated!!!!!

Due to protocol we had proceeded to hospital. They let Matt stay with me until 4am, and then he came back again at 10 to take me home!!!!!

I can't believe that i didn't even have gas and air.

I also cant believe how interesting labour is, and despite the rather - fit for the films- delivery; how calm and peaceful it was. Even when i was told an ambulance was coming, and i would have to go into hospital, i wasn't scared. I just knew that my boy would be born shortly and that every thing would be o.k

So heres to my lovely son Noah! 6lbs 11. Born in an ambulance-in a lay by, on september 10th at 12.06 am.

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 41
Hes gorgeous hun, congratulations! :hugs:x

Congratulations!!! he is gorgeous!

What a beautiful story and beautiful baby. Good job mommie!

awwwww, little Noah looks like he's gonna be a heartbreaker :)

congrats :)

Awww he's gorgeous - congratulations x

Congratulations Diz!! He's adorable and what a birth story!
x

Congrats he is lovely and what a great story for you and Noah to be able to tell.

Thanks for sharing- it sounds like a really wonderful birth and you did a great job :)

What a story to tell when he's a bit older.

Congratulations Diz. x

That's a story to tell!!! I bet the paramedics were thrilled - they probably get to do only the transport in situations like this, but for once have a really positive and lovely outcome and they were involved in something that probably very rarely comes their way. Must beat the grim stuff they must see day to day - great!!

congratulations, what a handsome little boy you got there.

Congratulations - a very positive story and a gorgeous boy!

What an amazing story! He's beautiful. Congratulations to you and your family.

Hi Diz!!!!

What an entrance little Noah made!!!

I was wondering how you went!!!I also had trouble getting my head around how to push!!!:hugs:
He is so adorable, you must be so proud and happy thathe at last came!!!

Big congrats!!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->