• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My LO is 12 months confused over formula.

tessjs

Reaction score
hes not eating a lot and i cut out some of his feeds over the weekend and i mentioned this to my mum and she hit the roof.My LO is not eating real great and she thinks he should still be on formula like 5 bottles a day and I am like no way I feed him breakfast lunch and dinner but sometimes he doesn't eat much.I give him snacks like fruit where maybe a bottle would of been fed like 10 am in morning or 2 pm in the afternoon.
What is the rule after 12 months??? I've heard its food first formula second but how many times formula now?? over the weekend we trialled giving him one in the morning after cereal/breakfast and at night after dinner and a bath as usual.he wasn't screaming for food.
hes not on cows milk i haven't introduced it although he's had in a cereal. cereal he doesn't like that much.

i'm so confused on what to do :( wouldn't it be time for him to move on from 5 bottles of milk a day he's not a newborn and it doesn't make sense.My mum says I am taking it away too early.Hes nearly walking and it seems crazy to be feeding him all this formula still:(of course i worry when he doesn't eat much and the bottle re-assures me that he's getting nutrients .

ANY HELP OR ADVICE NEEDED

No way should he be on that many bottles at 12 months. By 9 months food goes before a bottle. I would give him milk in the morning with breakfast. If he wants milk. Them lunch and dinner and milk before bed. Amd what snacks you chose to give to him. No way should he be on 5 bottles a day x

After a year, food generally starts to take priority over milk, but I would follow his lead. If you offer him breakfast, and then a snack mid-morning, is his still hungry before lunch? If so, I'd continue to offer formula on demand until he's not showing signs of hunger between meals and snacks. If he's eating well enough that he's not hungry between the time when you feed him food, then no, he definitely doesn't need to have so much formula. But I'd follow his lead. Certainly, offer meals and snacks first at his age, but then top up with formula if he's obviously still hungry. You don't need to force him to drink less, but as his food intake increases and if you continue to feed on demand, you'll find he just isn't interested. I'd say start with replacing one bottle (mid morning or mid afternoon) with a snack and see how it goes. You'll probably find his interest in food increases and his need for formula decreases. At 12 months, my daughter was having 3 meals, 1-2 snacks a day and 3 bottles/cups of cow's milk. This tapered off to 2 bottles/cups by around 13 ish months and only 1 cup of milk before bed by about 14/15 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->