My LO's separation anxiety/clingyness gives me anxiety

my dh "helps" but only a bit. he has never done a night feed or really tried to help me sleep an little bit extra.

he will sometimes play with her for 20 minutes so i can take a bath, if i'm lucky

my dh "helps" but only a bit. he has never done a night feed or really tried to help me sleep an little bit extra.

he will sometimes play with her for 20 minutes so i can take a bath, if i'm lucky

I am sorry but with how old your LO is, he should be helping a whole lot more! It was hard for my OH to help me in the beginning but now that she is a little older he can take her for 3 hours until she gets hungry.. and even then sometimes he gives her a bottle and lets me know I need to pump her missed feed. So that way I can relax and maybe sleep for 6 hours with a break in the middle to feed.

Is he willing to help more? If so let him. If not talk to him and let him know you need more help. One time I had to leave LO with OH in the living room and he would bring her every 5 min saying she as hungry (I knew she wasn't) I told him, I know she isn't hungry so to figure it out. (she was whinning) He had no choice but to figure it out.. and eventually he did. It is good for our OH to learn how to soothe LO in their own way. It helps us out a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->