My Man

lushgirl84

Mum to my 8yr old & TTC
Reaction score
Hello, Im not over 35, im actually 27 but my DB is 42 and we are TTC with our first. We both have a child from previous relationships.

I have PCOS but Im OV and we found out OH had a low sperm count, If anyone has any suggestions up then that would be great :D

42 for a man is not a problem at all, and sperm count can affect all ages. this forum is more for women over 35 TTC as we can have quite a few different issues than younger women. (just to let you know incase you dont find it too helpful in here as we are droning on!)
have they suggested anything for you? IUI can sometimes helps as they wash and put the good sperm where its supposed to go, but I guess it depends on the count after washing. good luck!

Yeh i know its a woman one, Iv had loads of advice on other thread etc, Just thought if any woman over 35 had problems with their man being sort of that age group, Thanks for advice though.

oh theres definitely lots of women with partners in their 40s in here, perhaps they can help.

I can't help yet as we are just about to TTC but my husband is 44 and im 27. I've found it helpful as I guessed lots of people here will have dh and partners of a similar age.

Hi and welcome! My DH has an excellent sperm count, but I have done a lot of reading :) Since sperm is basically made in 3 month cycles, you have an excellent chance of being able to improve the sperm count. Though you should check with a urologist whether it is due to an injury or variocele or not.

- Healthy weight, healthy diet (lots of veggies, reduce processed foods ETC.)
- Make sure the sperm is not getting overheated - possible causes: hot baths, laptop on lap, excessive bicycling. Wear boxers, not briefs.
- Don't smoke (including marijuana), don't drink soda, reduce alcohol and caffeine intake
- Vitamins - if you do some research you'll get an idea of which ones in higher doses can help improve sperm count (egs. C, E, Zinc)
- Reduce stress
- Get regular, moderate exercise (excessive is bad!)
- Avoid food with pesticides, chemical cleaning products, etc.
- Drink plenty of water

You should also try to pinpoint the best days to have sex, and refrain for a few days prior in order to build up sperm count. Sperm count is reportedly also highest in the morning.

Many thanks hun, Very useful info there. Is it ok to put him on wellman?

I notice wellman has a vitamin specific for conception - you might want to try that one.

https://www.vitabiotics.com/wellman/conception_formula.aspx

Ah sweet! Just had a look at it, Have to try and find that tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->