My Midwife Appointment..

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
So today I had my OB Appt. When I called to confirm my appointment this morning they couldnt even find my name!:dohh: Because the doctor I was schedule with took the afternoon off and they moved me over to the midwife's schedule...but things happen for a reason I guess. I was becomeing really tired of my doctors off, I mean the doctors are nice etc, but I felt I was walking around in a daze, I was never told how much weight to gain to not to gain by them, what kind of diet etc etc etc. So I saw the midwife Lisa...I was so grumpy before she came in lol. She was so nice though, she took almost 30 mins actually explaning things to me going over my questions and she made me feel so comfortable!! I had asked her why my dates said 16 1/2 weeks and her's where 15 1/2..she explained they go my the early ultrasound and when your more then 3 days off then your EDD do they go with what the US measured, and my first US I measured exactly one week smaller...so now I understand why lol...so my due date now is April 12th. She also showed me good techiniques how to hold my at home doppler :D I have a script for blood work to check to abnormalities next week. I was also given my script for my Complete Ultrasound...YAY!!! :headspin: Though It will fall on Thanksgiving so I will have to wait till the end of Nov..she said I could go anytime between 18-21 weeks, and after talking to the Ultrasound tech at work, she suggested the longer I wait the better. On a sad note I won't get to see her on my next appointment...:hissy:

Oh I forgot to mention about the heartbeat!!! She was able to pick it up and said it sounded really good and the baby was being very good and not moving around. It got louder and she said he or she was showing off for us....aww I love my baby hehe

That's great Vanessa. I'm glad everything turned out good in the end!!! And for what I learned your due date can change again. :)

thats great----glad u got ur ques. answered---and im surprised she was happy he/she wasnt moving around a lot----mine was doing cartwheels the first time i heard it we all got a kick out of it--- she was like oh u hear that he;s doing cartwheels in there hes gonna b one kicker alright--

enjoy it ===when u go for ur gender ultrasound--- go for like 19 -20 weeks it shows the best as baby is bigger --- and moves around more --so u can hopefully trick him/her into revealing--- i know with my early ultrasounds he liked being curled up in a balll-we had to struggle to get him to move out of his fetal position but even then he would go straight back into a ball making it hard to get any kind of measurements on him at the time--- so i had to go back the following week (12) -- but the later one 20 week he had his legs up by his head and moved around a lot more

I have made my appt for Nov 21st at work I will be 20 weeks that Friday, we are closed that day so I decided to go a view days before :D

Yay!! How exciting Vanessa!! Is that date for your complete ultrasound when you will be able to find out if it's a boy or a girl (or is it going to be a surprise)?

That;s when we hope to be able to find out, crossing finger baby's leg's arent crossed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->